Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13, 2023 Monday--5:30pm

Wonderful news!!!

I had to pop in to tell you--no tumors!  I have some steroid medication for a month that should help get me on a recovery from the side effects of Keytruda.  Will have a CT scan in 3 months to keep an eye on me...but no more Keytruda.  :)

I don't think I mentioned that I bonked my head a couple months ago and still have a weird goose egg swelling.  I thought I had told Leah but never had.  Sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked out.  (I think my body just said it had enough other more important things to deal with using my lower amount of white blood cells and deemed it not as important to bother healing--lol!)  And eventually they also want me to have my bladder scoped to double check there are no growths in there because the scans only show so much with the bladder, I guess.

In fact, I only had two tumors in my liver to begin with and not three.  One they thought was a third tumor was something else not to worry about--and I still have that.  So when Essentia said one tumor had disappeared and I had two left I really only had one left.

The new doctor was super nice and thorough.  We really liked him.  Such exciting news!!  The cancer is gone!!!  But that is why he wants a double check with a scope in my bladder to make sure nothing is showing up there, either.  More conclusive than with a scan, I guess. 

Leah's been here helping me again.  Here she is re-writing all my passwords.  (I have old stuff from over ten years ago--was a real mess of scribbles and chaos to find anything and it drove her nuts--lol!) 

Miss Allie was keeping an eye on her.
A little disappointed she wasn't moving around and was sitting at the table for so long--LOL!
Anyways, had to post a quick blog to let you know!!  Cancer free (most likely but will know for sure after bladder scope)!!  Have steroids to hopefully help me to get well again...or at least get heading back to my normal crummy feeling self.  Life is good.  If the shingles didn't hurt so much I would be doing a happy dance.  ;)

More next Monday.  :) :)


14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh Rita! This is wonderful news! So glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. You have a great week. I know you will. See you again soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What wonderful news! Hope the steroids help you feel better soon:)

Linda said...

Praise GOD!!! I am rejoicing with you!!!

Anvilcloud said...

That is pretty great, Rita. 👌

Mary said...

Excellent news!!

DJan said...

Great news indeed! Thanks for letting us know.

Janie Junebug said...

I'll do a happy dance right here in my chair. Things are really looking up. It's a good thing Allie is there to be your guard cat and keep an eye on everything.

Love,
Janie

Joyce F said...

Wonderful news!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Such GREAT News, Rita, thanks so much for letting us all know. Also, good to read that you liked the new cancer doctor too. Good things are surely coming your way and that's great because you deserve them all!

Serena Lewis said...

Wonderful news, Rita! YAY! So happy for you! x

Jenny Woolf said...

What great news! You must be feeling over the moon! I am so happy for you!

Jeanie said...

Fabulous news! SO glad you like the new doc and that the cancer is gone. Now, let's hope it stays that way. Thanks for sharing this!

Between company last week, prepping for a Cork Poppers do, an ear and/or sinus infection, and then this week's mass shooting in our town, I'm so behind blog reading, I'll never catch up! I'll try to take a look at all but not comment and hopefully be back on schedule this week!

CrystalChick said...

Rita, I'm so happy for you to hear this wonderful news!! Glad you like the new doctor and he is being thorough.
Have a nice weekend!
~Mary