Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday-1:30pm--First blog video attempt was a failure :(

The first thing I discovered is that instead of showing up on the top of the blog like additional pictures do, the video jumped down to the bottom of the blog. It is still loading. I hope this works. :)
****
Yesterday my www.jetpens.com order from California arrived already! Even beat out my stamp order from USPS. When Leah and I had snooped thru the site at her place, Leah indicated she wanted to try the corner clips and the finger thingies (for sorting paper).
So Leah took home a couple of clips and a finger thingie. We tried the white pen--and it really is the nicest white I've seen for writing on colored paper. (I saw it recommended on a craft site.) It's a Signo uni-ball pen.
****
I planned to buy the Noodler's Red-Black ink bottle and a bottle of brown.
My splurge items--two more brands of brown inks.
We'll see if that ends my search for the perfect brown ink that flows well in a fountain pen--hehe!
****
Leah worked on the distressing. Finished the circles and got this far with the ovals! We should be able to finish up next Tuesday night, I think--tada!
I am still waiting for the video to finish uploading. Silly attempt to film Karma and my morning routine--highlight of Karma's day, her thrilling treat time. Hard to be fixing her canned food treat and filming at the same time--and the battery died just as I was bringing it to her in the pantry--hehe! Oh well--this is my first blog video. Warning (or threat?): if this works I just may do more personal videos just for the blog.
****
This is where the video was supposed to be the first time.
****
Those of you who have added videos to blogger before, is it normal to take a really long time to load them? It's already been over half an hour for like a 2 minute video? It says you can work on the blog while the video is loading. Anyone have any advice? Video wisdom to share? ;)
****
Well, I will just wait until it is finished (if it does) and then post this.
****
I have a quote that I actually heard on the TV show Parenthood! I thought it was so good I wrote it down.
****
"Life will knock you down more times than you can possibly imagine. Don't knock yourself down."
Adam to Amber on Parenthood
****
Well, this is ridiculous. Been 3 hours and it says it is still loading!! I am going to try a second time to upload it. No clue where it will end up on the blog--if it ever loads at all. *sigh* Maybe this wasn't a good idea.
Okay--been 4 1/2 hours this second time and it is now after 9pm. I guess I'll pass on the video and just post this. :( You are safe from silly blog videos, I guess.

12 comments:

AliceKay said...

The easiest (and fastest) way to post a video to Blogger is to upload it to YouTube first, and then copy and paste the HTML code into your blog where you would like it to go. You can place them anywhere you want them. Uploading a video directly from your files to Blogger can take forever.

I'll be back to read the rest of this post when I get home from work this afternoon. *hugs*

AliceKay said...

Quite a stash you got there. I bet those finger thingies will work great with your papers. (bet it saves on paper cuts, too)

Noodlers Ink...never heard of it, but then I'm not into crafting and stamping and stuff. I noticed the label says "Made in USA", tho. :)

I hope you haven't given up on adding video to your blog. The first time I tried to directly upload a video to Blogger, I left it running all night long. After checking on it in the morning, it was still going. When I was about to give up, sign off, and get to work, a message popped up saying something about an error had occurred in uploading the video. Like I didn't already know that. :\

akartisan said...

I didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in with your blog. I've heard of Noodlers ink, but never used it. Is it permanent or not? The white pens you got are my absolute favorite. They have them in both a medium and fine point and will write on just about anything. I tried several other brands and that's the best I've found. It was recommended in an online class I was taking is how I found them and Jetpens is really fast.

Also, I use clear bags a lot, they are a good company also. I use their clear envelopes and their white envelopes for my greeting cards. Glad to hear you're getting some organizing done and things are settling down for you.

Rita said...

AliceKay--I heard of Noodler's Ink more thru the art/sketching sites. (Certain ones dry permanently and you can even watercolor over them and they won't bleed.) I have the black Noodler's for sketching, but I always wanted the red black for writing letters. They have a ton of colors. I am a fountain pen fan from back in the olden days when they were clunky and you could only get black, blue, and red inks. ;)

I just left the video loading all night long, too--been 22 1/2 hours and it says it is still loading!! So--I am going to try to open up a new youtube account for personal videos today. Luckily I already have two email accounts, so I don't have to open a new one. I already had an old yahoo and a newer gmail account. I have the instructions you emailed me. Wish me luck. If I can figure all this out I might load the silly little video yet today--hehe! Thanks, AliceKay!! :):)

AliceKay said...

Good luck. :)

Rita said...

Sue--The bulletproof series are supposed to not bleed after they are dry, as well as some of the others. You can read about them here:
www.noodlersink.com (or it might be noodlersinks.com)
JetPens has a pretty easy to follow groupings of them.
http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/55_676
A unique ink company, I must say.

Jet Pens just recently started to carry Noodlers. Sounds like we both love jet pens and clear bags! :):)

Toriz said...

Glad you found a white pen you likee. Hope you like the new inks. :)

Rita said...

Tori--The white pen stays really white and bright on dark paper. I've only had one brown fill of a fountain pen and I like that one okay so far. Two more to go. ;)

Intense Guy said...

Noodler's ink... you know, that sounds kind of fun... :)

Blogger video is horrid... I use youtube and the "paste the code" method like Alice Kay does.

Rita said...

Iggy--They have a catfish as their main symbol. Strange. But they have lots of colors and specialty inks. I enjoy unique companies. :)

Ya! I found out how horrible Blogger is for uploading. Ridiculous! I'm copying the embed code, but I don't know how I lost the videos (they went black) after the fact? The only thing I can think of is I centered everything like I always do? I'll keep learning--and boring you with blog videos--hehe!

Anonymous said...

OOhhh I just love craft goodies!

Rita said...

Lynn--Me, too!! :):)