Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday-9:30 am

Woke up to a little bit of snow one morning--can't remember which one.  (When you're home 24/7 it gets hard to keep the days of the week straight--LOL!).
And another day it snowed the same dry, fine, drifting snow... 
...for a few hours in the morning. 
Was cold enough to keep most of what little there was on the ground. 
Single digits. 
First true sign of winter.
A frozen car needing to be jumped. 
Well, we didn't have enough time on Saturday (K&Krafts closes at 5pm) so Leah and I went craft shopping yesterday afternoon.  Was supposed to be a lot warmer than the 9 degrees on Saturday, too, and maybe hit the low 30s.  (It might have but the wind sure felt cold.)
First we went to K&Krafts in the Moorhead Center Mall where we spent most of our time.
We were looking for some dark blue ink pads (for some landscape silhouette stamps).  They didn't have a refill for the Colorbox in Midnight, so I will probably find that refill online.
Can you tell we LOVE delicate snowflakes?
We bought some cutting dies. 
We mostly only have Spellbinder brand, so this will be interesting using these very thin ones. 
Those of you who get Christmas cards will have an idea of what several years worth of future cards will look like--LOL!  ;)
****
We got a bunch of Liquid Pearls!  I only had a few here and I decided I do really like them.
Except for the (Christmas) Ruby Red, you can tell we are pretty conservative with bling colors. 
Next we headed back across the river to Fargo and hit Joann's.  We were looking for cheap, plain  8 1/2 X 11 inch card stock and discovered that Joann's had it on sale!  Whoohoo!  Jackpot!
  So we got both the regular and the textured in white...
...and black.
Got a multi-colored browns in regular and a textured brown. 
A regular in red and a different textured, dark multi-colored pack. 
The grand finale was a huge stack of multi-colored sheets for $12.99! 
Gives us quite a variety to choose from! 
So we are stocked up again on card stock.  :)  Nice!!
****
By this time I was no good for walking anymore--even though I could go sit somewhere while Leah paid (there were some long lines at the big stores).  So I stayed in the car while Leah ran in to Michael's to look for more snowflake stuff.  (I forgot to take a picture of the store because I was watching a craft video on my cell phone and Leah was texting me from inside the store--LOL!)  She found this Martha Stewart snowflake punch that she liked and sent me a picture!  Pretty cool, eh?
Anyways, that was our shopping trip.  We go on a craft haul about once a year--sometimes it's longer than that, but it's always such fun!  We have such a good time.  It tickles me that we have similar tastes in a lot of things, too, so we both get excited finding this or that treasure...like--ahhhh--those snowflake dies!!  Yup, feels like Christmas over here this morning!!  :)
****
Happy Monday, Everybody!!  :):)
****
“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” 
Mark Twain

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad you had a great shopping outing! now, stay warm!

Jenny Woolf said...

What a bit of luck finding the cards on sale. Serendipity. I love the coloured cards, the sight of them makes me feel creative. I'm glad you enjoyed your shopping outing!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired from the shopping trip, too--love today's quote!!

Beth said...

That sounds like a fun trip craft shopping with Leah. I am so glad you were able to get out!

Janie Junebug said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I feel Christmassy, too. Favorite Young Man came over yesterday to get the decorations out of the attic.

Love,
Janie

Intense Guy said...

Hey if you are only going once a year... surely there are warmer days to go? :)

You got a nice load of stuff - can't wait to see what you do with it (as in make, not where you store it!)

SandeeNC said...

Looks like you had a fun day of crafty shopping! waving hi from the brrrrr hills of North Carolina ♥

Mersad said...

Stay safe and warm during these winter days. Looking forward to what you make, out of these freshly bought items.

Hilary said...

We've had several mornings like that in the past ten days or so. Winter has arrived in my neck of the woods. Looks like you're enjoying acquiring your crafty goods.

Celticspirit said...

Snow! Well at least you only got a dusting. Great deal on the paper, I love JoAnns! Great store. Nice pictures. I'm glad to see you and Karma are doing well.

DJan said...

Now that was a whole lot of shopping! I can see why you got tired, so did I and I was just reading about it! Glad to know you are warm and cozy now, Rita. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great shopping day! Looks like you are stocked up for awhile! :)

Shelly said...

Snow and a shopping trip! What a terrific day~

Anonymous said...

Looks like you found a lot of treasures!

Zue said...

Martha Stewart punches are really good. I have a set of three, but I seldom do any crafty things these days, so they don't get used .
Have a great time punching!
Sue xxx

Carol said...

Sounds like a lovely, fun shopping trip :) You certainly got some really cool items and I can't wait to see what all you do with them !!! Hope You have a fantastic Thanksgiving if I don't catch you before then ♥

andi filante said...

Oh snow...do you get the feeling it's going to be a baaaaad winter???

-andi

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Now I want to go on a shopping trip for paper and craft things, if only I was a craft doing person but I am not I just like looking at all the craft stuff.........lol