Monday, May 31, 2021

May 31, 2021 Monday--noon

Happy Noon!


 It's a good thing Leah sent me some pictures because that was it for me this week...one sky pic.  Monday I made Annie's raw food (livers and heart).  My right thumb has been really bothering me with all the extra stuff I've been doing for the last couple of weeks.  So, I rested on Tuesday, but Wednesday and Thursday I did laundry...spread out the loads.  

Thursday Leah came for Craft Nite.  She worked on making cards she needed (graduation, baby shower, and Ian's birthday invites).  The base of my right thumb was really painful so I just kept her company.

Friday morning I woke up and BOTH thumbs hurt badly!?  No-no-no!  Not the left one, too!  Makes it hard to do much of anything without shooting pain.

So, I have been on hand R&R for three days.  Been taking Aleve, rubbing in Arnica cream, avoiding hand writing & typing--well, everything.  Mostly been in pajamas watching YT videos and various streaming shows & movies.  Annie is quite content to keep me company in my comfy chair.

Friday the results of my urine test came back.  Yes, I do have "invisible" blood that can't be seen with the naked eye.  White and red blood cells in there, apparently.  Dr. Kessler had wondered if I have stones in my kidney or bladder--so we will be setting up "imaging" (assume that is an ultrasound type test) for probably next week.  So that will be coming up.

This week will be a busy one again, but I will still be trying not to use my hands much as they are gradually a bit better than they were three days ago.  

Leah already dropped off a small Cashwise order for me this morning.  Even came in the patio door and put it away for me.  She's so good to me!  :)

Wednesday is a followup Zoom call with Elliot Overton.

Thursday Leah is bringing the dirt for the planters.  We plan to mix some of the city compost with some bags of potting soil.  Well, Leah will.  I can't help much.  :(

Friday Leah will drop off a Costco order.

Sunday Leah and I plan to make our trip to Baker Nursery to buy flowers.  Then we will pick up Ian (if he wants to come) and do the planting in my new planter boxes!  So, I should have pictures next Monday for you!

Meanwhile, I got pictures from Leah!  (Gramma does love to get photos and videos.) 

Ian is done with kindergarten!  They had a party at a local park.  Here's the whole class.

Ian and Mrs. Wolden, his teacher.
Liam playing on the park xylophone...
...and a little blue guitar.
Hard to believe that Ian will be in first grade and Liam will start Preschool this fall.  How time flies.  Would be nice if they could go to actual school.  Time will tell.

This weekend Dagan and Leah have been working on their deck.  First powerwashing!
Liam wanted to help and was carrying up buckets of water and splashing them on the deck--LOL!
Look at the difference!  Those power washers are something else!
Once they got the deck all ready they started staining the railing first.
Love that beautiful translucent color!
Can hardly wait to see it all finished.  This was as far as they got yesterday, but the hard part is done.  
Today they finish the staining and it's a perfect day for it!  Sunny and 65 right now.

Leah said her lilacs are blooming and they smell wonderful.
Could almost catch the scent through the photos!
Leah also made a couple trips last week to get city compost for her garden beds.  Still needs another trip for her garden.
She's been using the free city compost for a few years now.  They got a little planting done, but we had a freeze warning last week so couldn't do a lot.  After they are done with the deck she can finish getting her seedlings out there.
I love this pic of the boys playing under their umbrellas--LOL!  Looks like little boy mushrooms.
Lastly--Leah has been nurturing some brown rice sourdough starter to see if she can make some bread with rice flour (less oxalates).  I can hardly wait to try that!

So, that's what's been happening here the past week.  Mostly at McFamily's--LOL!  Not a heck of a lot happening here at my place.  Just Annie and I hanging out...and right now I need to go rub some more Arnica cream on my thumbs--LOL!  No spell check so whatever is here is what you get.  I am looking at this as a "thumb-vacation".  ;)  Am filled with gratitude for all the help I get from Dagan and Leah.  I am one lucky human being.  :) :)  Till next time...

"How many times have you noticed that it's the little quiet moments in the midst of life that seem to give the rest extra-special meaning?"
Fred Rogers

17 comments:

Rita said...

Whoohoo! All the font stayed one size! LOL! :)

Jon said...

I sure hope the pain in your thumbs will get better - it can really be debilitating. I've been getting extreme pain in the joints of my left hand (arthritis?).

The photo of the vast blue sky is wonderful - - it reminds me of Texas skies. The blooming lilacs are lovely. You said exactly what I was thinking -- I could almost smell them.

Hard to believe it's almost summer. Here in TN last night it was 38 degrees!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. So sorry you are having some pain in your hands. I hope that being on "thumb rest" will help. Fun pictures of your grandsons and McFamily's home. Wow, they really have a very nice deck! Yes, time does fly. I remember when you posted about Liam and Ian being born - and now they are growing up so quickly. Hope the doctor can find out what the trouble is with your urinary tract. I have issues there too. Not fun. Rest and take care and I will see you again soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see your new flower boxes filled with flowers. Leah's lilacs are beautiful and she is SO lucky that the city gives away free compost. I have my own, but I paid an arm and a leg for potting soil. Sounds like you have a busy, busy week ahead, dear. Loved the shots of the boys.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Not much happening here, well it feels that at times for me

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

One can hardly say that you are all thumbs now, Rita, and hope that the discomfort you are having this past week is temporary.

Bonnie said...

I hope your thumbs get better soon, we need our hands for everything! I love all the pictures. Leah and Dagan are sure busy and everything looks great at their place. I love the pictures of the boys. They are growing so fast. Take care Rita and give Annie my love!

Anvilcloud said...

You do have a hard row to hoe on the health front, but you carry on in good spirit. I will look forward to seeing your planters in due course.

Far Side of Fifty said...

One thumb was bad enough...now the other, hope you catch a break soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ask Dr Kessler if you could have Pseudogout? They can take a sample from the joint and then that would diagnose it. There may be something connected...to the bladder stuff and your Thumbs and your toe that time:)

DJan said...

Gosh, that is a real mystery about your thumbs. I do hope they continue to get better and that you'll be able to help plant flowers next week. And glad to see that Blogger is fixed in the uploading of pictures department. :-)

DVArtist said...

Our bodies just, at times, don't want to cooperate. Take it easy and take care of yourself. Lovely photos.

Divers and Sundry said...

So sorry about your thumbs :( That must make a lot of things difficult. I have a history of kidney and bladder stones and hope your medical plan works to help. Your family has a great deck and garden space. I know they enjoy it :)

R's Rue said...

Hugs

kestrel said...

Sometimes I wish we can get new body parts. Liam may just grow up to be a rock star, he is starting young already. The deck will be in good use now that summer is here. It is spacious and the kids will have loads of fun sprawling there!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ha! So, I thought it was only this post but gong back I see comments are missing from three posts (although I am sure I commented on the post where the boys did mazes - our dipping connections may have something to do with that!) Tony used to love power washing our decking at the caravan - we gave it to middle son! Seeing the lilac reminds me how much I miss the lilac at the caravan. I laughed at the comment about flowers being like crack for your Mom -I'm a bit, well a lot really, like that! I walk around some of the places we visit with a Cheshire cat smile - especially as some of the gardens are actually in Cheshire!! Looking forward to seeing your Sauna, I used to visit one in my 20s as I had dreadful sinus problems that seemed to sort them selves out after a good Sauna (pronounced Sowna as in female pig???) Grandpas desk looks good now it's in place too! As for Wanderlust we got behind - just plodding along, although T is saying we may catch up this week!! I must get around to posting you something too - I need a bit of shaking I think!! Take care, big hugs, Chrisxx

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What a fun park with the xylophone! Sorry to hear about your thumbs. The deck looks really nice!