Monday, March 14, 2022

March 14, 2022 Monday--12:30pm

 Good afternoon!

I didn't have the best week for the first part.  I told you sometimes it takes me a while to catch on to changes--LOL!  I had started a collagen powder (at only 1/4 dose) the Monday before last.  Only thing I changed.  Supposed to help your digestion--ha!  I was getting more and more miserable the week I was on it.  I've had IBS (with the fibro) for over 20 years so, as I have said, things have to get bad before I notice.  By last Monday I was definitely sick of the pain and cramping so quit taking it.  By Wednesday I was starting to feel much better--thank goodness!  Friday was my infusion day and I have never missed one.

So, I spent the first part of the week feeling cruddy and sleeping a lot.  By Thursday I was feeling considerably better (so I knew it was the collagen).  This is why I only add one supplement at a time.  My system has been even more touchy than it normally was ever since chemo. 

Finally was able to call maintenance on Thursday--late morning, so I didn't expect to see them that day.  Asked that they call ahead of time and come in the afternoon...and not come on Friday because I wouldn't be home.  So, I am sitting in a darkened kitchen typing--LOL!  Wondering if they will come this week.  Probably will.  They have been pretty good.  But this time I had four things for them to check.  (Talk about procrastinating!)  Besides the kitchen light bulbs, the bathroom sink has begun to drip if it isn't closed just right, the washer is making a heck of a lot of noise and leaking water in the spin cycle, and they never did fix the garage door.  I've never had this much for them to fix so they might not be so happy to come to my rescue--LOL! 

I did finish hand-sewing together that last tray of bookcards...so the first batch is done!  But I couldn't put them away because the new satchels I bought last year were way up on top of the hallway bookcase...

...along with a myriad of empty boxes and containers piled across the tops of all the bookcases.  I still don't trust my legs for climbing stools and am very short on one end...so I had to wait for Leah to come over after the infusion on Friday.

Friday

Leah made a Cashwise pickup (groceries) and dropped it off in the morning.  She picked me up for my infusion in the early afternoon.  This time I was borderline with some kind of "absolute" (something to do with white blood cells) so McCune double checked that my numbers would be okay for an infusion.  I was okay'd.  I have to be careful not to get sick.  If I run a temp--come in to the clinic right away--etc.  But otherwise--doing well.

Had the infusion and we stopped at Wendy's to pick up dinner on the way home.  That's a real treat for me!  After we ate Leah made a trip to the dumpster and garage.  She used the Spot Bot on some Annie barf and then vacuumed.  (Eventually I will be able to do these things again for myself when my legs get better.)  

Then she got down the satchels and we set them up to hold bookcards!

2 and 3 pagers.

4 pagers.

That's only the first batch done--lots of room left.  And a whole 'nother side I could use for the larger than 4 pagers...but I don't make very many of those--LOL!

Anyways, Leah was able to leave early (7pm)...and I was so exhausted I fell asleep by around 8:30!  Woke up at 1am and then was awake all night.  Slept again all morning.  So my hours were a bit off for a while there--LOL!  

Saturday and Sunday 

Putting away the bookcards caused a cleaning and reorganizing domino effect, of course.  Annie was not happy with me spending time in the hallway reorganizing the satchels to get all the card satchels together in one area.

I knew I needed to purge and organize all my empty boxes and containers so I had asked Leah to take down all of the lot from the tops of the tall hallway bookcases.  And so it began.
I knew I had several small drawers in the bedroom dressers that were full of containers and boxes, too.  Yes, I am a sucker for storage stuff.  
So, I spent the weekend purging and sorting and reorganizing.
Pulled out boxes and containers I had forgotten I still had--LOL!
I wanted the majority of it done before today because I have no idea when maintenance will show up and my place is full enough without it being even messier--LOL!  Was good motivation for me.

In the bedroom I got four (or was it five) small drawers emptied...and then refilled--LOL!  All clean again in there.  

Got the kitchen table and chairs emptied again.
Very little at all on top of the bookcases...
...except for (temporarily) the shorter cube bookcase.
I do still have to go through the studio and look for empty boxes and containers yet, but I basically got the majority of it all done!!  Am sore and exhausted, but that's okay.  I can rest up for a couple of days.  Happily!!

And I can start using the bookcards as soon as I finish up with the Critter Cafe cards I bought a while back.  Yes, I do buy cards sometimes. 

 

Love to get the personalized ones so I can add my own saying to them.  I saw all these birds and couldn't resist.  (Sorry so dim but no light in the kitchen--lol!)

Anyways, bookcards!  Will be using them again soon!!  

They are fun to write in.
People have told me they are fun to get, too.  Like a little handwritten book--LOL!  Oh, and BTW--feel free, any of you crafty recipients, to cut them apart and use the cover paper for whatever you want.  :) :)  

I can hardly wait to start on the next batch--and use the handmade (store-bought) paper and the ink drop paper pads (gorgeous!).  I'll probably be getting low on paper by the time I finish the second batch and will actually need to start keeping an eye out at the paper stores online again.  Been years!  What fun!

Been warmer and supposed to be above freezing during the day all week.  I tested but the shells and rabbit poop are still embedded in a layer of ice.  I am hoping it will melt down to the cement this week so I can shovel and sweep up that mess out there.  (Don't worry--if it is too much for me I can let Dagan and Leah know and one of them can come and help me, Leah said.)  I'll be resting up for a couple days anyways.  So maybe by Wednesday...???  

Well, another week in this world.  For good and bad...here we are.  All the bad makes the good even more precious...and much more obvious.  Love, kindness, compassion...shine like stars in a dark sky.  Treasure them...celebrate them...and keep spreading them around everywhere you can.  Till next week...

13 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I can't get over how much you manage to accomplish. I'm glad you were able to get the infusion.

We got 4" of snow here! And just a couple of days before that we had a record high temperature lol Kindness, yes, even in spirited discussions and even while disagreeing. Kindness never hurt anybody.

DJan said...

I too am always amazed at how much you manage to accomplish every day, Rita. And I'm also glad you were able to get the infusion this week. I think they are making a huge difference. Thanks for the Annie picture! :-)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. I love what you said at the end about the bad in the world making the good more obvious. So true. I am glad you were able to get the infusion and felt better as the week went on. Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the collagen powder. You had a very productive week. I admire all your organization skills! I have a little letter to you ready to go in the mail so look for that later this week. See you again soon!

Bonnie said...

You sure do get a lot done Rita! I love the way you are storing the bookcards. It looks so neat and organized. Thanks for telling us about the collagen powder. I have thought about taking it but wasn't sure. I tend to have a lot of trouble with my stomach, similar to IBS, so that might not be a good supplement for me either. You get some rest and don't overdo things!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You accomplished a ton of work with those boxes and such. I was surprised and impressed by the before and after photos. Great job, Rita. Hope maintenance shows up before all your light bulbs need to be replaced (grin).

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Once in a while I think we all need to take stock of all the crap we accumulate and get rid of a lot of it! I am sure you feel quite smug now that you have done it!

Anvilcloud said...

I guess you are feeling better after feeling worser. 😎
See you next week.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like parts of it were a rough week but a productive one, too. I admire your excellent purging and organizing. You should give yourself a pat on that back for that one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have been busy! Hope the maintenance guy show up to fix all your problems. Sounds like a melty week you should have a cleared off patio soon!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

You are so orderly and organized! Looks like you got rid of a lot too in the cleaning process. Glad to hear that the collagen powder is starting to work and you are feeling better. One step at a time, it seems! You have quite a few book cards there! You have been very busy!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

You can do more in a day then I can do in a week at times.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A not-so-good start to the week, but things certainly got better and you and Leah sure did a lot of organizing and purging. You have even got me going on more decluttering around our apt. We had quite a few board games bought at thrift stores when there was a game night here that hardly anyone attended, and it's no longer held. So I gathered them up and donated to a local senior center along with a couple of books. Looked around and other things that could be donated elsewhere, and off they went this eek. It sure is a good feeling to be feeling better and so well organized. You are doing great, Rita.

So true that love, kindness and compassion should be treasured, celebrated and spread around, more often.

Serena Lewis said...

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the collagen as being the problem.

Yes, stay away from climbing stools. Good idea to wait on Leah. It sounds like you've been quite productive in other areas of organising.

I'm relieved you were able to get the infusion especially in light of the fact that it is shrinking those tumours.

Good job on the bookcards! I loved getting them years ago when you used them a lot. Poor Annie likes you resting in the living room so she can settle beside you. lol

I got a Critter Cafe card/letter from you just yesterday. YAY! I have a letter to send to you...almost completed.

Yes, with the bad things happening in the world, it is important that we treasure the good things...not always easy to do.

I hope maintenance fixes all the issues.

Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Love and hugs,
Serena xo