Monday, April 18, 2022

April 18, 2022 Monday--1pm

Good afternoon!

Was a week filled with company wearing masks.

Monday

I do see a lone partridge without a mate now and again.

Tuesday

The CLS annual review lady, Tammy, showed up at 11:30am!  I had written down Thursday but she had written down Tuesday.  (I have pen and paper right next to me here and had written it down because I know my ears and brain aren't totally reliable anymore--so who knows.) 

 Anyways, luckily I was up and dressed because Katie was coming to clean.  Tammy is really nice when she's here.  I didn't know she oversees five different companies--one of which is CLS, my cleaning company from the county.  So I guess that is why she's always a bit frazzled about setting up appointments.  Sweet lady, though.

Then Katie came to clean from 3-5pm.  She knew the other lady's name was Tammy.  (I am never sure because I swear my federal housing lady's name is also Tammy.)  Anyways, I'll see Katie again in about a month or so.  (She leaves it up to me since I am the one with all the unpredictable health issues.)  Katie's always a pleasure to be around.  And the only one who wore a mask right off.  I had to ask Tammy who went out to her car to get hers.

Wednesday

Snowed again.  

Actually had a pair of partridges visit.  I don't see much of them anymore and probably won't till fall.

The maintenance man came to fix the washing machine.  This time he forgot his mask and went to get it for me.  Was here over two hours.  Told me to wait at least 24 hours before I used it.  [Truth--still haven't felt up to it.  Maybe today.]

I made a point of thanking him for wearing his mask and for the excellent job he did on my garage door.  Told him that Leah sent me a picture to show me.  New seal and it goes down to the ground again!  Just perfect!  He smiled and looked like he might have almost blushed under his mask.  :)

Thursday

It's hard to tell because my windows are so dirty from the winter, but there's a robin up on the little table and a mourning dove eating on the ground.   First mourning dove I've seen this year.

Spring is really here.  At least the critters think so.  All the signs--hearing geese overhead, robins, grackles, and now mourning doves.  I think they jumped the gun a little this year--LOL!

Friday
I've been on late hours, we got a notice that they were having apartment inspections from 8am-5pm, so I slept in some clothes (have to sleep in my chair anyways) with no alarm.  Good thing I did that because a young lady was here from the office at 8:30am knocking on the door.  I asked her to go get her mask, too.  She said she had one in the office (how I know she works in the office--lol!) and was right back.  

Weirdly--she just took photos of all the appliances and that was it.  She said they wanted to know what shape things were in for the budget.  As she took pictures of the frig, microwave, and dishwasher I told her that I had just had the dryer fixed not long ago and the washer was just repaired on Wednesday--and that was why there's so many clothes piled in baskets on the dryer.  She took photos of the washer and dryer and off she went.  

I suppose all the appliances are starting to have issues.  Nothing lasts that long anymore and it's been...what?...going on seven years since they opened?  I think I moved in August of 2015 and I was second to the last to move into this first completed building.  How time flies.

Leah came over Friday night for the things I need help with.  We keep masks on.  Since Katie was just here Leah didn't have to bring out trash or vacuum!  Nice!  She helped me with some computer stuff and getting things I can't reach without a stool.  Things like that.  She is such a blessing!  Just plain love her so much.

I really hope my legs get to feeling more trustworthy so I can do my own stool climbing pretty soon.  They are improving--slowly.  Still have worse days and better days.  I can basically feel from my waist to my hips pretty normally now and the backs of my legs are at least more consistent with being able to feel them.  The fronts are still pretty weird most of the time...but all that is a lot of progress!!  The nerves are coming back to normal, I think--but they still feel so very weak and noodly a lot of the time.

Saturday
Was a sunny day and 21 degrees.  Most of the snow was melted away.  I looked out on the patio and saw this!!!

A SQUIRREL!!!
I couldn't believe it!  A momentous event!!  Caught some pics even though the blinds were only cracked and not open.  We have few trees and they are young.  Not sure from whence this little one traveled but it was glad to find something to munch on.

And then--it made a trip up...
...and down the screen.  Blocked off by the balcony above.
Annie was stunned!  She probably hasn't seen a squirrel since she lived on the streets as a pregnant teenager.  That made our day!!

So--my week...how can brief company make you that exhausted--LOL!  I am still dreaming about working on bookcards--LOL!  These cancer treatments take more out of me than I think they do--or care to admit to myself, I guess.  Just because the immunotherapy is WAY WAY easier on me than the dreaded chemo, they still keep me pretty tired, weak, and listless.  So much easier to deal with just being a noodle...but I guess I thought maybe I'd get more used to it and be able to do more.  

Oh well.  I'm okay and managing to keep up and be almost all on my own these days so that's a vast improvement from being the chemo invalid I was.  The booster shot set me back for quite a while there.  Seem to be past that now and am feeling halfways decent again.  Staying in isolation or quarantine as best I can...so getting pics of what McFamily has been up to are a treat.

I think this was about a month ago that the boys were decorating homemade chocolate candies!  



Dagan, Ian, and Liam glued to a video game.

Always nice to see Blink.

I heard about them going to a wall/rock climbing center a friend of theirs owns.


Looks like the boys had a grand time!

This week--I don't have anything until Friday's infusion and Leah's visit afterwards.  If nothing else I will continue to get the have-tos done, watch great shows & movies, and have wonderful paper chats with my pen pals.  If I get to anything beyond that...will be a big plus.  ;)  

Oh, and Leah dropped off some of their Easter dinner last night!  So I will be having some yummy lunch as soon as I post this.  

Till next week... 

Life is good!!  :) :)

15 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have had a lot of folks coming and going in your apt, Rita. It was good that some came masked up, but good that you reminded others that did not. While I am glad not to wear a mask, certainly I can understand concerns of folks, like yourself, dealing with health issues so you can't be too careful. We also have annual apt inspections here but no photos are ever taken and we have never received any feedback on any potential issues.

Divers and Sundry said...

So much coming and going! I would find that exhausting, too! I'm glad the people are doing such good jobs in taking care of business. I'm not a fan of squirrels, but your robin made me smile :) We have one nesting on our patio.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a week you had. Loved seeing the boys climbing and loved seeing the squirrel. Nice everyone wore a mask. I always tell people to wear a mask, so they know before I answer the door. Looks like you will definitely have some me time this week, as opposed to all the appointments last week. Have a super day and I hope you enjoyed your lunch leftovers!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Sounds like a busy but overall good week for you. So glad to hear that you are feeling better after the 2nd 1/2 dose booster got you down. Such cute pictures of McFamily. The boys really had fun with those chocolates. You can tell that Dagan is a very good dad, and Leah is a good mom and a true blessing to you. I got your card last week and enjoyed your newsy letter. Haven't had time to respond yet, but it is on my list of "to-do's." I hope this week is also a good one for you. I will see you again next time. :-)

DJan said...

I smiled at the squirrel, and his climbing prowess, too. Annie must have been gobsmacked by its antics. And I am glad you are keeping yourself carefully moving and not trying any climbing on your own yet. I'll be thinking about you on Friday. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Always good to hear what is happening with you! Hope we get rid of all the snow soon and get a little warmth! Nice that you saw a Robin! Poor thing...not many worms yet!:(

Bonnie said...

What a busy week you've had! Good for you for requesting visitors to wear a mask, especially people that visit many other apartments as part of their job. It looks like the boys enjoyed that rock climbing, those are great pictures. Rest up and enjoy some good shows!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I don't know what it is with people and masks. Even though the mandates have been lifted here, too soon in my opinion and motivated more by politics than science, the vast majority of people continue to wear them when shopping or in any other public venue.

Anvilcloud said...

Nice patio pics and others too. Glad no one gave you grief about getting their masks.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

My week was long but went fast with me struggling day in and day out and not as busy as yours was.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad it was a good week. And I can imagine being tired. (After my grands leave I need a vacation!). I hate the whole mask issue. What is so hard about wearing a mask to protect one's self and others? And in your position, essential. You're smart to hold that line. Loved all the photos. It looks very happy.

Serena Lewis said...

Good to hear everything went well with the CLS visit despite the mix-up in days.

I'm so glad you ask people to wear masks. Too risky for you, especially when battling cancer.

That maintenance man is a keeper.

Great that your getting more feeling back gradually in your legs. Nerves take a long time to recover.

OMG! A squirrel! How exciting! I hope the little thing stays safe.

The treatments plus the cancer itself all have an effect on your body. I'm not surprised you feel weak and tired a lot.

Loved the pics as always...Blink is so cute!

I hope all goes well with the infusion this week.
Sending more healing vibes your way. xo

Jenny Woolf said...

Seeing that squirrel was a treat! I think your present apt is so nice because you can see all the wild creatures outside, I didn't get the idea you could do that in the last one. I am glad that the infusions are less difficult to handle than the chemo, but oh you have been through the mill, and I'm glad you're seeing improvements. I am in awe of Leah and Dagan, what a lovely couple of kids they are raising, doing all kinds of creative stuff and having happy family time too. I'm not surprised you love Leah, I think I would love her too if I knew her! I'm glad you are having success in reminding your visitors to wear masks around medically vulnerable people although it's a shame more of them don't think of it themselves.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

With spring's arrival hopefully you will be seeing a lot more varieties of birds in the coming weeks. Very cool to see that squirrel, we have few squirrels here as well, just a few Pine or Red squirrels.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are on the mend - recovering from the booster shot and your legs getting stronger. Happy to hear this!

The squirrels are fun to watch. They are so nimble and clever when it comes to getting food. Annie must have been startled to see that squirrel so close to her. One of our dogs, Cooper, goes WILD when he sees squirrels - both the red squirrels and bigger gray squirrels.