Monday, April 04, 2022

April 4, 2022 Monday--11:15am

Good Morning...I guess.  Let's just say I can't believe it is already Monday.  I slept through the weekend. I think I am up to posting a brief blog.  Don't worry--it was because of my covid booster shot.  I am slowly feeling more human.  I just have a terrible time with these shots.  It turned out that even half a dose with the booster wasn't any easier.

Last Monday decided that I would stay in isolation again.  Even wear masks with Dagan and Leah because they were going to be exposed more.  Dagan's got a new job at the same company and has to go in more often.  Leah and the boys especially want to spend some time with her grandparents and her aunt is coming from out of state for Easter, etc.  Yes!  Yes!  They should spend time with family and not worry about me, you know?  

I had been having a feeling that I should be really careful again lately...for some reason.  I didn't feel that way even when our numbers were really high for a while.  So good time to quarantine, I guess.  Dr. Kessler asked me when I was in if I wanted to get my booster shot.  They changed it from 6 months to 3 months for seniors and vulnerable folk.  I said I'd think about it but passed.  I knew I had my infusion coming up in a week and I could be sick for a while...and since I had three full doses already...maybe I could wait till June like was first planned.  (I hate how sick they make me.)

But then I thought maybe I was getting all these isolation feelings because I needed to take the booster to be safer?  And really--half a dose?  Can't be as bad as a full dose, right?  So I figured I'd ask when I went in for my infusion.

By Wednesday we had a wet sloppy snowstorm with 30-40mph winds.

On Thursday I decided to prepare in case I did get sick from the shot.  I did laundry, baked some fish, finally baked those brownies, and set up the next batch of letters I had on my desk so they were ready to go...another dozen waiting for me.  Aren't I so lucky!  :) :)
All the snow melted away again.  I grabbed a couple shots of a pair of partridges while I could.
I rarely see partridges anymore. 
 They have obviously paired off and been busy making nests and preparing for new families.

I thought that since I had really prepared for being sick that I probably wouldn't be as sick, you know?  Isn't that how it usually goes?  

Friday--Infusion Day.  Leah said she would come with and we could just wear our masks the whole time even in the car and at my apartment.  My blood pressure was down--good!  Bloodwork was good.  We were talking to the nurse in the infusion center about how if the tumors shrink away I could get off of the infusions.  Nope.  People are normally on them for two years to be on the safe side.  We didn't know that.  

Then I went up to the covid shot area and got my booster after I was done with my infusion.

Leah came in to do the helper stuff for me, we both wore our masks and kept our distance--like I do when Katie comes to clean.  Since I had a morning infusion last week (to avoid Kobrossy) Leah was gone early, too.  By 5pm I was shivering and shaking...no temp then but that came in another couple of hours. And from 5pm Friday until 10am on Sunday (when fever broke) I basically slept.  Was miserable with body aches when I did wake up so it was good I slept.  I woke to pee or to feed my crying Annie or to refill my water bottle and that was it.  I still slept through half of Sunday, too.  But last night I finally slept with the lights off at least.  I never knew if it was day or night...or what day it was...till Sunday--and what a shock!

I obviously never wrote any letters or ate anything I baked--lol!  Maybe today.  But right now--I may nap a little again.  Feeling less violently achy.  No fever since Sunday morning.  How can a person be this tired after sleeping all weekend--LOL!  I'm on the mend, anyways.  Can you imagine if I actually got covid!  Wouldn't be good.  So I have had my three full shots and a booster.  Maybe now I won't feel quite so strongly about isolation?  We'll see.  Too tired to think about it right now.  

 So that's it for this week.  I am sure glad the worst is over with and the covid booster is behind me now.  Probably going to be a very quiet week.  ;)

As sick as I get...I still encourage everybody to get their vaccine shots.  Most people don't react as badly as I do and some have no reaction at all.  Be safe.  
*love and hugs*

15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You poor thing. I feel for you. I know others have had violent reactions, but I have been lucky both times. (I got the J & J one shot and one booster). It would have been nice to know you will get infusions for two years when you first started these. I hope by this time next week you are feeling better and your isolation is merited.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I need to get my booster shot but need someone to book it and take me

Jeanie said...

I'm sorry the booster was hard on you. Maybe it was a combo with the infusion, too. Whatever, it's just no fun. I hope all the symptoms ease up and stay gone quickly. But it's good to have it. And I agree on the isolating. You know what is best for you. Go with your gut.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear the booster is behind you! I know how miserable it is, yes I think the boosters are worth it in the long run:)

Janie Junebug said...

You are brave and wise about getting the vaccine. I'm sure COVID would be a nightmare for you--so much worse than the vaccine. It's hard for me to imagine snow in April when it's so warm here. About 80 degrees today, kind of humid and sunny. The nights are still cool, though. Are the brownies a keto recipe?

Love,
Janie

Anvilcloud said...

That was pretty grim for you. Will you get another half some day? The fourth one isn’t making much progress here. Slow as molasses.

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction to the shot again. It's good you could sleep though as sleep is healing. We haven't had our 4th shot yet but we will before long. I generally feel bad for a couple of days after the shot but not as bad as you do. You really get hit from it.

Trust your instincts if something is telling you to be more careful! I've always thought our instincts were important to pay attention to.

I sure hope you are starting to feel better! Take care Rita!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That's a really extreme reaction, and not at all pleasant. I have had three shots with no effects at all. One of the lucky ones I suppose. There is no mask mandate here any more, but most people are continuing to wear them.

DJan said...

I need to get my second booster. I just recently received an email telling me I can go in at any time for it. You have made the decision for me: today! So sorry to hear what an awful time this has been for you, Rita. You are in my prayers every day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We haven't yet decided on whether or not to get another booster, although we did not have the negative reactions some folks did -- either from the initial 2 shots or the booster, thankfully. Glad you were able to get some rest over the weekend, Rita, also taking the precautions you did is never a "bad" thing. Glad the snowstorm was brief and that the critters are back at the cafe. Take good care, my friend.

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh Rita i'm so sorry you felt so sick!!! Hubs and i have had both shots.. Him Moderna Me Pfizer.. and we have each had a booster... I don't know if we plan on getting any more shots.. At some point this becomes ridiculous you know.. So anyway we'll think on that.. I had a sore arm each time and thats it.. Alvin's booster shot laid him low for like a day.. no fever but body aches.. and tired.. He slept the day away..

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm sorry you have such a hard time with your vaccine :( I need to get out and get my next booster. I imagine it'll end up being an annual shot like the flu shot is.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. I am glad you are starting to feel better. We plan to get our second booster some time this summer. The first booster "kicked my butt" for a couple of days, but, as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry. Hope you can continue to rest this weekend. See you again soon. :-)

Serena Lewis said...

Cool to see the partridges!

It makes sense that they would keep people on the infusions for 2 years as a precaution.

Sorry that the booster knocked you for a six. Good you are recovering from it though. Here, fourth doses are only available to people 65 and older, or those with immune vulnerabilities. I think Brad will be able to get it. We're heading into winter so we will be due our flu shots soon too. We've been lucky not to have bad reactions to the Covid jabs.

Relax and enjoy a peaceful weekend. xo

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your reaction to the booster. I've had two boosters and both times I got a high fever and felt really sick. Like you said, imagine if you got full-blown COVID. I think the same thing and am so grateful for the vaccine. I love seeing your partridges on your patio!