Tuesday, May 10, 2022

May 10, 2022 Tuesday--noon

 Whoohoo!  

I have good news to share this week!  I'll make it short and sweet.  ;)  

First of all I did the coconut oil and Band-Aid treatment and my finger was all better in two days!

Dagan took a few days off last week (he has accumulated so many he needs to use some, I guess) so he brought me to my appointment again last Thursday.  My port was acting up.  She tried to flush it four times but it wouldn't work.  Had to shoot some heparin in there and leave it for half an hour.  Which meant they sent someone down from the lab to draw my blood for the tests.  We were thinking--oh no!  This isn't a good sign.  

But--tada!  This time my ANC number went from the .7 to 1.3 and I was finally close enough to be able to get my infusion!  And after the heprin treatment the port worked fine.  Whew!

The not so good news was that the only doctor there at all for my next visit in three weeks is Dr. Kobrossy.  Since he's the only full-time oncologist it was bound to happen at some point...but I am not looking forward to it.  And I plan to more or less demand he keep his (blankety-blank) mask on. 

Dagan came in afterwards to do the helper tasks (trash, vacuum, spot bot, water plants, etc).  But this time he swept up the accumulated seed shells since we had snow again a few times.  I have not put out any seed on the patio since then.  I want my patio back for the summer--LOL!  (If I do put any out I will toss it out on the grass.)  Dagan and I had another nice visit--albeit with masks on--LOL!

This whole cancer adventure has been such a total roller coaster ride, as you all know.  I was so thoroughly exhausted that after Dagan left I took a "nap"...for 5 1/2 hours!  Still slept 7 1/2 hours that night, too.  I think it all wears on me more than I ever think it does, you know? 

I had a pajama weekend, believe me!

Yesterday...CTscan.

I suggested to Leah that since it usually doesn't take long and she just has to sit in the waiting room at the hospital that she could just wait in the car.  Less exposure for her, you know?  She agreed...and it was busy.  Always busier at the hospital, it seems.  I was in and out pretty quickly, though.  I know the routine and dress with no metal whatsoever so I can just jump straight on the table.  

Leah came in afterwards when I got home.  We went through my vitamins and supplements.  (She knows more than I do on that score and maybe they have been helping, right?).  I had a list of questions and things to chat about.  Hadn't seen her for so long!  :) :)

Oh, and BTW--was me that didn't want Leah cooking for me after I had started to feel better.  Like I have said, I usually think I am doing better than I am or can handle more than I actually can.  I have truly learned this about myself going through all of this--LOL!  But--on the other hand--the optimism keeps me going.  Even when it is probably ridiculous sometimes.  Like I just ordered a couple of stamps to use making cards...for when I am better.  Even if I haven't been feeling well enough to work on anything much for all this time since I was diagnosed last June...and I probably wouldn't have finished the first set of bookcards even yet if Leah hadn't helped me with them...watching the Wanderlust videos every week and ordering a little something here and there for when I am better...makes life feel more normal, you know?  I will be working on bookcards again...and other cards.  I will get out my art stuff to play again.  I just know I will.  :) :)

AND--

drumroll!!!

--the results of the CTscan online:  

The 1.2cm tumor has shrunk to .8cm.

The 8mm tumor has shrunk to 4mm.

No other signs of cancer anywhere.

TaDa!!

I was so happy I couldn't sleep last night till almost 4am--ROFL!  Just so grateful for everything and everybody...and so very glad to have so much good news this week.  Finger better, got my infusion, and tumors are still shrinking!  (I am happy dancing in my mind right now--LOL!)

Oh! Oh!  And how could I forget Miss Annie!  She's been doing a little better!  She's even started jumping up on my chair via the footrest now fairly regularly.  Nothing beats finding a purring cat sleeping with you in the middle of the night.

Oh, and I also forgot to show you my Mother's Day card.  This year Ian and Liam made them.  Mine was made by Liam...and has he ever improved on writing his name and drawing since last year!


McFamily all signed it.


Leah wrote who made the card on the back.


I do miss those little guys!

Well, Katie asked to switch to Thursday afternoon to come to clean and I am just as glad to have a quiet day of rest today anyways.  So that change worked out just fine.  Nice!

It has suddenly gotten so warm that I need to finish going through winter clothes for donations (many of them are too big now since I've lost 40 pounds) and get the summer clothes bins in from the garage.  It is 68F (20C) right now!  Crazy for early May.  I need to get my chair back out on the patio for the summer--soon!  Won't be long and we'll be planting flowers.  Leah and I discussed the plan for the planters when she was here.  Fun!  :)

That's it.  About as short and sweet as I get--LOL! 
Happy-dancing, grateful thoughts from Fargo.
Till next week...

24 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Happy dancing with you my friend!!! All such good news!!! Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

This is the best news I've heard all day! Three cheers, Rita! I'd be doing my happy dance! In fact, I AM doing a happy dance -- for you!

Sandi said...

Sweet Mother's Day card! 😊

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! Wonderful news that tumors continue to shrink. I am so glad! I love the card your got for Mother's Day. You have a wonderful McFamily! You are my role model for positivity and I love it. Hope you have a good week. It is always good to find out what is going on with you. See you again soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What great news!!! I am thrilled that the treatments have worked! Hope your port keeps on working, they can clog up but the infusion gals can usually get them working again (unless you are Far Guy then they just stop and nothing works to get them going again so they have to be replaced)
Hope you enjoyed the weather today and I hope the storms miss you:)

Bonnie said...

Rita, I am SO happy for you! Those scan results are great! The card Liam made is so sweet especially since everyone signed it. That is a Mother's Day card to save and treasure. It's also wonderful news to hear that Annie is doing better! I know she is great company for you and there's nothing better than sleeping with a purring cat. Rest and take care Rita!

JoyM said...

Hugs and love to you Rita. So many wonderful updates. Hugs.
Joy (from avintagegreen = which was my post until it disappeared).

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great news, Rita. It is amazing that you would need to remind a doctor to keep his mask on! Shouldn't that be the other way around?

DJan said...

Well, that is wonderful news, all of it! And the tumors shrinking, sweet Annie feeling better, all of it. Thank you for making my morning so much happier, Rita.

Mary said...

Excellent news.

Anvilcloud said...

Shrining tumours have to be about the best new ever! No wonder you couldn’t sleep.

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! :)

I use a waste-free bird seed so I don't get the scattered hulls. It's Kaytee brand, I think, and it just comes from the grocery store. I got so tired of having to sweep up all the seed hulls lol

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Nice to read some good news............

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

May those tumors continue to shrink away, Rita! What great news you have shared with everyone. Also, glad to read that Annie seems to be doing better too and hopefully you will be able to sit outdoors on the patio very soon. Hope that the dreaded upcoming sessions with Dr. K go well as we well know your past experience. he really should know better too.

Jon said...

I'm so glad to hear that positive things are happening in your life. It's been a very rough road, but a sense of normalcy has resumed.
Take care - I always enjoy reading your updates.

Serena Lewis said...

I am so happy to hear this positive news! Now to keep that momentum going so you can bid those tumours goodbye once and for all. Keeping you in my prayers. xo

Linda said...

Hello! I came over to meet you after visiting my friend, Dorothy, at The Frog and the PenguINN. I am so pleased to 'meet' you and look forward to getting to know you here on your blog. Praise God for your good news day!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even though I am late visiting, I am DELIGHTED to read your good news. It's wonderful news.. And I am also impressed with all the weight you have lost. Nothing like a purring cat to ease you gently into sleep.

Anne's tangle blog said...

So very, VERY, happy cor you!!!! Got your letter yesterday.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Since once again I am so far behind I am pleased to be reading good news first! We are having a rare old mixture of weather - cooler today and a little drop of rain! Love the Mother's Day card! Hope that you feel up to crafting soon, hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well, typical of blogger - I thought that because I could comment here the other posts would allow me to comment now - NOPE! Still locking me out by putting up a read only box! So, all I can say is - wow - what time you've been having but glad that Dagan and Leah are around to help out! Hugs, Chris

CrystalChick said...

Happy to read the good news!! Keep on being optimistic and grateful and wonderful. You're an inspiration.
Really LOVE your Mother's Day card. What a treasure!

Bijoux said...

Fabulous news, Rita!!!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's awesome news about the tumors shrinking!!!! I'm so happy for you, Rita! Good news too about the swelling in your finger going down. Glad Annie is having a good week as well.