Monday, May 30, 2022

May 30, 2022 Monday--1:30pm

Good Afternoon!

Already blog day and I thought...I never got to bookcards, switching summer clothes, or figuring out how to use the sauna or the vacuum--ROFL!  So how did the week fly by, feel so full, and me be so exhausted?  LOL! 

I have been delighted with the view these days.  Clouds have always been a fascination for me and now there's a spot of color in the planters, too. 

Monday
Leah showed up on my patio and planted the new coleus for me.  They were smaller and in a set of four so two got planted on the ends of the front planters.  I asked for the more yellow ones.
She removed the other dying coleus and we stuck it in a container just in case it might survive.
Noticed someone has been eating my petunias!  They are taking The Critter Cafe a step too far--LOL!
We assume it is the rabbits--probably cottontails as I don't see much of the arctic hares in the summer and they are so much taller they could stand and reach the whole of the planter.  
I don't think I have planted petunias before.  Maybe once early on--can't remember.  
But not something I will likely repeat.  I checked online and rabbits do love petunias.
So my pretty speckled petunias have become rabbit snacks.  I hope they leave them alone...but they seem to continue nibbling on the one side in most of the planters.  Time will tell.

The transplanted dying coleus was almost dead in another day so I chopped the whole top off and we'll see if it comes back or not.  Those leaves were brittle-crispy.
I haven't been throwing out any seed for the birds but I have been tossing out mealworms on to the grass now and then.  The robins love them--and love to bathe in the water dish, too!  

One day this grackle parked itself in the grass on its belly to chow down on meal worms.  Was there for like ten minutes--looked like it was nesting--LOL!
It looked funny, but that's not normal behavior so I do hope it was perfectly fine--just a bit eccentric.  

Anyways, Leah also did bring the summer clothes bins over to the front door for me in her car so I could wheel them in on my cart.  Took two trips.  Hopefully I will get back to that this week.  ;)

Tuesday
Was a pajama day with a little puttering.

Wednesday
I started these new capsules Leah got me that are supposed to help with digesting fats.  Leah dropped off groceries from a Cashwise pick up.  I wasn't feeling so well.  Turned out I think I had a terrible reaction to those supplements--stomach cramps and diarrhea.  Was up till almost dawn.

Not taking any more of those right now--lol!

Thursday
Leah and her brother, Aaron, made their monthly trip inside Costco.  Dropped off my groceries in the late afternoon.  I was washing clothes and when it came to the spin cycle the machine made a huge clanking bang and then sounded like it was going to spin right up and off the floor!  Like when a washer is really badly out of balance but worse than I have ever heard.  I shut it off and checked.  Didn't seem out of balance but I moved things around anyways and tried again.  Awful racket and washer almost bouncing or slamming back and forth.  The end.  

Called the office for maintenance.  But I don't like them to come when I'm not here because of Annie mostly.  She is so terrified of strangers and loud noises--and that would be both.  I had the clinic on Friday so she said he'd come Monday afternoon then.  (I always ask for afternoons.)  But we forgot about Memorial Day so I doubt I will see him till tomorrow.

I wrung out the clothes as best I could and it took about 4-5 hours to dry them--LOL!  But they are done and put away.  Lucky it broke at the end of the cycle, I guess.  :)

I also told her to have maintenance look at this piece of foam stuff hanging down from the track of my patio door, too.  You may have noticed it in pics before--LOL!  (Yes, procrastinating again.)
I did see a pair of partridges and tried to quick get a photo.  Not the best and only got one of them.  I don't have the pleasure of their company very often anymore so I am always happy to see them pop by.  They also like the mealworms.  ;)
Friday
Clinic day.
Other than I was tired and having a weirder leg day so had to sit down more often--it was best case scenario all the way!  My port worked right off the bat.  Dr Kobrossy kept his mask on without being asked.  We were pleasant and polite--and he was quick!  My bloodwork was good (1.4) so I was able to get my infusion.  And we were able to get an appointment with the lady part-time doctor in three weeks.  Wonderful!  No issues at all!  Whoohoo!

Leah and I kind of figured Kobrossy would behave.  He's become almost shy in the hallway if we have to wander past each other.  A quick nod and he lowers his eyes.  Even Dagan automatically guessed who Kobrossy was when he'd never met him and had never had a description, because of how Kobrossy acted (and myself) when we went past...just polite curt nods.  Everyone else is so friendly and I am friendly to them, too.

I'm sure Kobrossy is puzzled as to why I don't want him as my doctor anymore.  He obviously has only so much people skill available to him.  After saying how great the tumors were shrinking and how I was doing well...he made some remark about how I was in a better mood and something about depression.  Honestly I wasn't listening to him much--LOL!  Just waiting to find out if I could get my infusion.  Which I could!

I did mention to Leah afterwards that it is actually funny that I never really got depressed even when I could hardly walk.  A bit cranky sometimes--which I would apologize for.  Was that inability-to-function crankiness from pain and exhaustion...and I always feel so badly if I take out my grumpiness on anyone else and am short with them.  But I never went into a depression.  Even back when my left leg swelled up for no reason, remember that?  I maybe should have, but I just am focused on muddling through whatever it is I have to endure.

I think Koborssy may be looking for a reason.  And, naturally, it has nothing to do with him--ROFL!  That's fine.  He can think whatever he wants.  I won't have to see him very often and as long as he is pleasant and keeps his mask on and is quick as he was--we're good.

Leah came over after.  We both kept our masks on.  I stayed in my chair mostly while she made a quick graduation card and did the print outs for the insides of Ian's birthday invitations.  As neither of us could remember--lol!--I checked our card bins and we DO have a set of Christmas cards made up for this year and I have a set of birthday cards for next year.  Whew!  That takes the pressure off. 

I was so drained after Leah left--yup!--another 5 hour nap snuck up on me.  So I was up till almost dawn and then slept all morning.  My hours are so out of whack.

Saturday
My legs were better.  (I never know from day to day and there seems to be nothing predictable about it--but at least I DO have better leg days now.)  So I baked some chicken and some fish.  Watered patio plants AND, for the first time, used the stool to water my inside plants... and didn't feel in too much danger.  My weird legs held up okay.

  Couldn't avoid seeing that my plants inside really do need Leah's magic touch.  (She used to work at Baker Nursery for several years).  So I got in touch with her.  She knew this was coming as she (and Dagan) have been watering my plants since last fall.  So, sometime in the near future Leah will come over and she will bring out the supplies from my garage (folding table, potting soil, etc) to use out on the lawn by my patio.  

We plan to repot the Phils (Baby Phil and Baby-baby Phil) into one big pot.  The spider--we plan to pot the babies into yogurt containers to give away and spruce up the poor mama plant.  Maybe even plant a couple babies in with the mama plant, too.  And if the coleus stump has survived we can deal with that, too.  I will try to remember to get pictures, of course--before, during, and after.

Sunday
Set up my bullet journal for June.  (I do so love my bullet.)  And I set up letters in the portfolios. 18 of them!   
 
They weren't all strictly returning letters/cards/long emails.   I also set up a few for people I haven't heard from or written to for a while.  That will keep me out of trouble, eh?  And take me a long time!  True snail mail--LOL!  

Oh--SO funny!  See this stack of red trays under the front tray there?  All this time I thought they were empty.
Nope!  They obviously don't have a lot on them but they each have some signatures that need covers--LOL!
Mostly odd papers and odd sizes.  So there's that--LOL!  I really, really need some good energy, good-leg, productive days.  Do have laundry done and food to eat and have three weeks off from health visits--so I can hopefully have some good days this coming week so that I can get a few things done.  Fingers crossed.

[That's my only complaint about Keytruda--always being tired, listless, and foggy-brained.  But it is working and shrinking those tumors!!]

We've been hitting 80 degrees since Friday.  Severe thunderstorms passing through last night.  Well, very early this morning--I was still awake.  *sigh*  Still heavy, sticky air but cooler so far--71 degrees right now.  :)

I'll close with a picture Leah sent me of the boys in the ant masks they colored.
They sure do fun art projects.

It's still clouded over.  A grey day.  Radar shows more storms might be coming later.  The planter flowers are all perked up and happy.  Funny how plants just love thunder and lightning.  I do, too.  Annie--not so much--LOL!

Till next week.
Spread that love and kindness.
The world needs it.  :) :)

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think you are pretty upbeat through all of your troubles. I hope next week has more ups than downs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that Kobrossy is behaving himself and that you could get your infusion. You have had a very busy week. So glad you never suffered with depression. I think being up and positive has much to do with fighting disease, so good for you! I love those planter boxes and all the lovely plants you have in them. I hope you have a great week and can get that washing machine fixed soon. Broken appliances are so frustrating! Have a good one and I will see you again soon!

Bonnie said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything went well Friday and you were able to get your infusion. Glad too that Dr. Kobrossy behaved!
Your planters look so good and are really cheerful. I've always heard that rabbits love flowers and I guess you have tasty petunias! I wonder how the smaller rabbits got in the planter? I guess they get around better than I thought.
Have a great week Rita, I'm always thinking of you!

DJan said...

You take such good care of Annie, and that makes me happy. She was so lucky to have become your companion, for both of you. Your planter looks great. My coleus died, too. I won't try to plant another, but petunias are my go-to color in my front porch planters. Glad to hear it was such a good week! :-)

jinxxxygirl said...

So happy things were good for you this week! Even the meeting with Kobroski (sp?) you know who i mean..lol Wishing you all the spoons in the world! Hugs! deb

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cutest ants I have seen in a while! Good to hear that you got your infusion and your port works as it should have! Hope you have a wonderfully productive week!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Bad on those rabbits for eating your petunias, Rita. I also have heard that they like tulips in case you are ever thinking of planting any. The neighbor who tends the flower garden in the small park near the mill apts really dislikes the wild rabbits that nibble on the new blooms. Glad the infusion went well with no major issues from certain doctors. Seems everyone is being cordial which is good.

Despite a pajama day or two, you always get a lot done my friend. Hope the banging washer gets repaired or replaced as wringing out clothes manually isn't a fun task.

Jeanie said...

Your garden area looks good. I do love coleus but naughty bunnies. And I'm so glad it was a pretty good week and that things with Dr. K went far better than expected. Or at least, far better than before. Perhaps you two are on a peaceful co-existence path.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO late visiting and for that I apologize. So glad you are better this week. And you didn't have to put up with the nasty doctor very long, Cute photo of the boys in their masks and great to see the flower boxes are being filled.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Those cottontails are certainly loving the fresh flowers! We had some rabbits here during the winter that ate down the branches of some of our spring-flowering shrubs. So, no flowers this spring on any of them.

Sorry to hear that your body reacted so badly to the supplements. Sounds like you are better now.

That's good that Kobrossy is being more cordial and respectful.

Those cool temperature days feel so refreshing after the hot, sticky ones!