Monday, April 10, 2023

April 10, 2023 Monday--noon

Good morning!

So very many pictures this week!  Was busy busy...and that is such a good thing.  :)

Keanna came to clean on Tuesday.  I asked if I could get a picture of her--she didn't say no but was too shy to look up--lol!  She's such a sweet girl.

Keanna made it before the weather got worse, but we didn't get it as bad as we could have with the two day blizzard Tuesday and Wednesday.



We got a little over eight inches of snow with a lot of drifting because of the winds.



The rabbits and birds are always grateful to visit the Critter Cafe for meals.  :)
Because of the storm Leah and the boys didn't do the usual Tuesday shopping day but came on Friday.  
Dagan was with again because he had Good Friday off from work.
Had another really nice visit and Leah brought me a bunch of pre-cooked foods I have been nuking.  Delicious!  (Had her meatloaf for Easter Sunday!)
I got a lot done this past week!  I made it through my files!!  Found some owner's manuals I can give away with a few of the things I plan to sell or donate.
Meanwhile--my dishwasher isn't working very well.  That cover (for my big pyrex measuring cup that had beef soup in it) had some grease on it and the grease was still there after running it twice.  (This is why I normally pre-scrub everything--lol!--but Leah said I should stop doing that.)  
Leah even cleaned the filter and ran it again and this pic above was the third time...so I am going to call maintenance today.  And hopefully Gerald will come and I ask him whether he is still interested in the sauna.  I hope he is.  :)

Anyways, the new little file cabinet is full--bottom drawer and...
...top drawer.
Well, there's a skinny drawer at the top-top, too.  I haven't decided what will go in there yet.
Then I started in on the hallway bookcases!
Purging and packing away the books first.
I could get rid of books concerning supplies I am planning to let go of--like oil paints and polymer clay, for example.
Stacking boxes in the corner of the living room.
Shelves are emptying!!
Got through most of the books and then had a whole bunch of binders, magazine holders, and odds and ends to purge and organize all over the kitchen.
Ended up using several of those empty binders on the chair there.
I have wanted to get my Postman's Knock calligraphy classes organized and in binders for...well, years to be honest.  
Spent hours working on that until I finished.  Baby steps really works for me.  Also had a red tray full of odd paperwork from the studio to purge and sort through.
This shelf in the studio was packed full of calligraphy classes and that red tray!
You realize how dusty things can get when you haven't moved anything for a few  years--lol!
Made a lot of progress, though!
Hardest part is moving the boxes when they are full--lol!  I am going to leave that for Dagan and Leah in the future.  
I do need some larger U-Haul boxes that will fit the satchels and the cardstock racks.  Leah will pick me up some this week and some more book boxes (easier for me to move because they're smaller).

The boys have been busy, too!  I always love getting pictures so I can see what they've been up to.  Leah takes them to such fun places.  But this was at home making their birthday surprise art for Gramma's birthday.

I forget where this is but they love to climb on this brace.


After the storm--eating fresh snow!  We always loved to do that!!
The two fir trees in the front yard were almost buried!

All that snow is melting like crazy now.  It's been in the 40s!!
Ian and Liam always enjoy going to the climbing place.



Kind of one of their home school gym classes--LOL!
They did another Home Depot project.  I think those are a monthly event.


This time they made bird houses.
At the Plains Art Museum.


And last but not least--Easter Sunday!
Even though they color their own hard boiled eggs...
...they do love searching for them.


And getting chocolate bunny rabbits is always a treat!
Easter dinner with Leah's grandparents and her brother, Aaron.
Leah's been making the Easter egg cake for a few years now.
Next year I will be there, too!

So this week I will continue to work on the hallway bookcases and see what else I can get done.  The boys are going to see the Mario Brothers movie tomorrow afternoon.  It will be Liam's first time at a movie theater!  Aaron is going with, too.  Such excitement!

The snow will continue to melt rapidly.  The flood watch has started for the Red River.  (Not near us, though.)  I can hear the constant dripping from the balcony above tapping on my air conditioner.  The patio is a super gross mess of rabbit poop and sunflower seed shells.  I'll have to shovel it off as soon as the ice underneath melts enough.  Spring is here--lol!  

It feels soooo good to get more purging and packing done!!  Time for lunch.  Happy Monday.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the week ahead looks full of promise and smiles.  Till next week!

13 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lots of fun activities for the boys! I like their rabbit ears! I sure hope we are done with the snow. Happy Easter and have a great week!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

So many wonderful photos they made me smile you do have a lovely family

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Wow, you are really getting a lot done. Lots of fun pictures. Glad you had a good week and accomplished so much. I hope you have a good week. So glad you are feeling better.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like the Critter Cafe got a lot of use this week. You got LOTS of snow. And you also got a lot of purging done, too!

I hope your maintenance man buys that sauna.

The boys have tons of activities and I like that they are both athletic and artistic. I think they made great bird houses. Leah's cake is wonderful. Happy Easter Monday dear Rita.

Anvilcloud said...

We are having a glorious weather week, so I hope you are too. We all deserve it.

DJan said...

What wonderful pictures! The boys are growing up so fast, but they both look happy and healthy. And you are making lots of progress getting things packed up for the big move. Happy Easter to the entire family, and thanks for the great pictures. :-)









1

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like you are making serious progress with all the packing. Good to do it gradually over time. It doesn't become such a chore that way.

Victoria Zigler said...

Sounds like you got a lot done this week. Baby steps, but a lot of them. :)

And the boys have been having a lot of fun. Hope they enjoy the movie.

Jeanie said...

Wow -- you have made tremendous progress on purging and packing. I'm impressed. And I love the Easter photos, too. Lots of happy faces there! Happy new week!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Let the melting begin. Our snow is pretty much gone. I hope yours melts slowly to minimize flooding.

Divers and Sundry said...

I can't get over All That Snow! Your continuing progress towards your move impresses me.

Janie Junebug said...

You shouldn't have to wash dishes before they go in the dishwasher, and they should get clean the first time you run the dishwasher. I hope the dishwasher is repaired or replaced by now. All that snow in April! I remember one year we had a dusting of snow on Easter, but I can't remember if it was in Washington state or Maryland. In Maryland we had a nasty blizzard one year in March. The interstate had to be shut down and people were taken from their cars to shelters. The projects from Home Depot are so cute. For a minute I thought Ian's hair had been cut. It looks cute pulled back in a braid. You're getting so much done! I'm glad you'll be with McFamily next Easter.

Love,
Janie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Rita, what a great post because it seems you are full of so much more energy, even though as you said "baby steps." You really got hit with those snowstorms and thankfully we have had nothing but warming weather. It was 80 degrees one day in NJ when we visited last week and it's supposed to hit that here one day this week. Looks like the boys had a great easter too and fun to see all the family pics. You are right about shelves getting dusty and it is always a chore to dust them off even when not packing.