Monday, April 24, 2023

April 24, 2023 Monday--9am

Good morning!

First of all, I don't get email notifications of blog posts so that I can reply to you personally anymore.  Been at least a couple of weeks now.  There were a couple of you they did this to a while back...and now it was suddenly every single commenter.  I can't find any way to fix it.  If anyone knows how please let me know.  :(

I got fountain pen tray #1 sorted, cleaned, and filled this past week.  

So nice to have one tray all ready to go!
Tray #2...well, only have gotten this far.  
Matching up or choosing new inks.  Still have to clean and fill...but at least I have finally started.  I think at least 3/4 of my FPs are dry...and I have seven trays.  So next to my kitchen sink is going to look like this for some time.  Need all my pen cleaning paraphernalia--lol!
I know...you have to love FPs to put up with all of this rigamarole.  I certainly do.  ;)

I filled another small U-Haul box and started stacking next to the bedroom door.
I really should sell this empty bookcase in the living room so I can keep stacking on the back wall.  I mentioned it to Leah.  ;)
Monday Leah surprised me and asked if I'd like her to come over for a few hours.  Yes!  We started going through satchels from the hallway bookcases.
By the time she left I had a stack of a dozen satchels that I can go through on my own here in the living room.  
They are still right there--LOL!
It wasn't an overly productive week, shall we say.  I did do laundry twice and got it all put away right after.  That's something.  :)

We had another snowstorm Thursday night.  They said 2-8 inches...well, we got more like the 2 inches, if that.
It was one of those weeks where I had several not so good days.  Allie was happy to take a catnip break.

Then content to sit and watch CatTV. 
 I think she logs more screen time than I do--lol!
Notice the new snow is all gone.
Allie also loves to watch CatTV in total comfort on her chair.
I know just how she feels.

Well, not a lot going on this last week with the build.  Leah forgot about needing a building permit and is getting one this week.  The pocket door frames are ordered and should be in this coming week, too.  

It may not have been a productive week for me, either, but it was a good week.  Quiet.  Peaceful.  Days with the patio door cracked and fresh spring air flowing in.  Leah and I got through and even emptied a bunch of satchels.  Sent home scrap paper and stickers for the boys.  Made a lot of progress early in the week, anyways.  

News: Netflix is quitting their DVD rental service after all these years come September 29th.  So I will keep those red envelopes coming for sure until they are no longer.  Try to watch everything I wanted to really watch, I guess--lol!  I have rented 2500 DVDs since 6/5/07.  No wonder I don't remember them all--lol!  That's only the rented ones that were sent in the mail...which was all you could get when I first joined.  They later introduced a form of streaming...very limited choices and you could only watch a certain amount of time depending on how many DVDs you rented.  Does anybody remember that?  But if you were in the middle of a movie when your time was up they let you finish the movie.  :)  Olden days, eh?

Weeks like this I have to remind myself of how truly bad I have been in the recent past here...and that it is okay to just be and not do-do-do all the time.  Be kind to myself.  And think of my word for the year--relax.  I have started tray #2.  The satchels aren't going anywhere.  Spring will come eventually--lol!  I will feel more like myself eventually, too.  (I hope.)  Whatever.  Life is good.  Right now today.  Life is good.  Have a beautiful day...a beautiful week.  Till next time... 

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

It looks like you're making progress towards the move. You have so much art supply materials!

We never used the Netflix DVD rental program, but we spent hours every week at Blockbuster :) Now there's so much available for no extra charge through the services we subscribe to that renting something just never gets consideration.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Life is good indeed for many of us and you are making progress towards your move.

There is no need to rent movies any more we get so many for free through different services for me that is Foxtel, not that I watch many movies

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad you got some stuff done, even if you don't feel like it was the most productive of weeks.

I don't get post notifications at all any more, even though I should be. I have a blog roll on my blog's sidebar and check for new posts on there as often as I have time to do, since it's the only way I get to know about new posts these days. Really frustrating.

Janie Junebug said...

When I saw the news article about Netflix ending the rental service, I thought of you right away! I remember the early days of their streaming. How nice to see a blog post from you that isn't published at 4 o'clock in the morning because it shows you still have your days and nights straightened out. Don't you wish sometimes that you could enjoy a little catnip and feel the way a cat does? Remember a long time ago when Blogger said they were ending follow by email? They finally did it. Some people who followed my blog that way mentioned that the notifications stopped a few weeks ago. It's nice that Leah could come over to help out. I'm sorry you've had bad days. I'm surprised to see no snow right after you had so much. Do you think you're done with snow until next Nov or Dec or whenever the snow usually starts? Here's hoping this week has more good days than bad.

Love,
Janie

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita, I hope you have a better week this week. I am glad you are taking care of yourself. See you again soon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A little at a time and you will get everything accomplished! Hope you have a great week! Your last letter followed me around and I finally got it yesterday:)

DJan said...

You accomplish so much that when you act like a normal person, you feel slowed down. I don't get anywhere near as much done as you do, Rita. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

If you need to reply by email, you should be able to get there via a link on their blog. An extra step, I know. Also assuming they are email-enabled. 😊

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As I have never received comments via email, I don’t have a solution to that issue, Rita. But, I do have continuing issues of my name coming up as Anonymous on some blogs and not being able to comment on others unless using the desktop PC. Blogger seems to have different issues for many folks 😕 Nice that Leah could help with the satchels and I wondered if they contained art papers. The bookcase looks great and perhaps you might consider selling it if wouldn’t fit in your new home. We haven’t had any more snow, but temps have not been very springlike in recent days.