Sunday, April 02, 2023

April 2, 2023 Sunday--1:15pm

Greetings!

I know some of you remark at how organized I am but here is proof that my studio is a mess! 

Since I haven't been feeling good all winter...
...all three little tables have become dumping grounds.
I need to tackle this chaos in here pretty soon.  
Even if I just shove stuff here and there to clear off tables--LOL!
I can't really play in here until I have table room...at least one table, anyways--lol!

I had a nice birthday on Tuesday.  It was the regular shopping day for Leah and the boys so I knew they would be dropping off a few groceries for me.  But they also brought dinner and Dagan surprised me by showing up, too!  We all had dinner together.  :)

We've had more snow.  The city plow came through to clear off the walkway.
Patio doesn't look such a dreadful mess with fresh snow--lol!
We are far from spring.
The partridges fled when the plow came through, but you can see they had dug another hidey-hole for the night.
As soon as the plow went by the critters were back digging on the patio.

But off they flew...
...because the plow...
...was coming back...
...the other direction--lol!
This one pair of partridges is my most regular of visitors.

I had a total surprise visitor on Wednesday morning--only because I am so foggy brained that if I don't write things down I forget all about them.  Luckily I was awake because my hours are so flipped and all over the place...the guy was here for my annual apartment inspection for Federal Housing--LOL!  He is never here but five to ten minutes--so that is over with.  He was very happy for me with the no more cancer news.  Said he was going to miss me.  (Should be moved before a year is up.)

  Oh--I got these out of sequence!  The boys brought me happy birthday art!  They put them up on my frig.
They have folded orange strips of paper behind the hearts so that they bounce.  :)
When I was puttering around I came across some hunks of memory foam mattress pads in the closet that I had saved and decided to put a piece under Allie's bed in the hallway.
Now it is her favorite cat bed and she is often asleep there between the bookcase and the box of Charmin--lol!
What did I get done this week?  Well, I did get through that box of rubber stamps!  Did a final purge so this is the full donation box now in the pantry.
I finally have a second box packed and stacked in the corner of the living room.
A few of the rubber stamps went into a bin I was putting together with items to use for decorating letters and envelopes.  I've never had them all in one place before.  :)
Had another bag I kept out that is full of stamps I want to use once more before I might decide to donate them.
So, anyways, I got through the box of stamps.

Since Allie liked the memory foam under the one cat bed I stuck a hunk under the bed on "her" chair.  Took her many days to actually not freak out when she stepped inside and leap off.  She is so weird.  But she finally stayed and tried it...and now she loves this bed more, too.
I have been busy writing letters!  Lots of paper chatting going on.  :)

Then I decided on the next project.
Yup--the new little file cabinet.

I haven't gotten very far with my baby steps...
...but I did get the desk files out of the box I had piled them into and they're now piled on the table.
Drug out the bin with the broken cover that has all my art & craft files...
...and even got out my dusty old metal file box I bought when I was a senior in high school 56 years ago when I was sixteen.  All these years it has stored things and still keeps the odd life paperwork like marriage and divorce papers--lol!
This was my not so secret "pen name" in high school.
I think it is time to let this go--LOL!

So--you know what I will be working on this week.  Purging files.  This will be a long, slow process...file by file...but will be so nice when it is done and all my files are actually in one place.  A first for me!!  Whoohoo!!  The new file cabinet will eventually go to live in my new studio closet.  :)

How am I doing?  Well, I can breathe through both sides of my nose right now!  My mouth is less than half as dry and sticky as it was.  Not so much progress with the diarrhea, but I'll take what I can get.  I am getting more done.  So generally better than I was.  :)

My sleep is all over the place, though.  I even started writing it down because I wondered how much sleep I was actually getting altogether.  Really been random and unpredictable!  [Thursday 1-4pm, 6:45-9:45pm...Friday 11:15pm-3am, 10pm-1:45am, 6:45am-12:15pm, 7:30-8:30pm...Saturday 9:45pm-2:45am...Sunday 7pm-2:15am and I am working on this at 1pm on Sunday since who knows when I'll be awake or asleep to post this for Monday--ROFL!]  I can't seem to make myself sleep or make myself stay awake.  Probably the steroids.  But I figure whenever I can sleep that has to be good for me.  Sleep is healing.

I figure that since I am getting a bit tired again (been up since 2:15am) and because I could sleep for 2 hours or 12 hours...I am just going to finish this earlier than usual and post it right now today.  I'm sure you won't mind.  ;)  

It's been a good week.  This coming week should be a good week, too, where I can work away--baby steps--on the file cabinet.  Just so glad to be feeling better than I was and I don't have any appointments for a long time...well, except for Keanna cleaning on Tuesday.  Life is good!!  Just a happy girl.  Content.  Grateful for the progress so far.  (Fingers crossed on the diarrhea--ROFL!)  Just plain in a good mood.  Glad I can sleep whenever I need to and Allie is fine with it.  May you have a really good week, too!!!  Till next time...

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I am glad to hear that things are going well and you are feeling happy! Yes, things are looking up in many ways. I didn't know it was your birthday last week. So sorry I missed it. I am glad you had a nice day with fun things from your grandsons. Your chaos looks organized to me! I hope you continue to feel better and can accomplish all you need to. See you again soon!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Baby step are better than no steps and you are feeling better, which helps. Your snow may be melted about the time you move from that place, Rita (grin)! You have LOTS of snow and I know you are glad you don't have to shovel it. I bet you will miss the Critter Cafe. I just hope the new tenant after you leave is as critter conscious. Have a super week, sleep when you feel like it, and cuddle with Allie when she lets you.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Even your mess looks organised, that snow looks cold and art & photos on the fridge looks like a fridge should look

DJan said...

Although your sleep is not all together like most people's, it seems you are getting enough to keep yourself getting better all the time. Glad to hear you are doing so well! Love the pictures of Allie getting used to her "new" beds. :-)

Janie Junebug said...

Breathing through both nostrils is a triumph. I know your studio is messy, but you really have accomplished a lot over the winter. You have gotten a lot of stuff cleaned out, including some furniture. As it gets closer to the time for the move, you'll be glad so much is already done. Allie is so sweet when she's curled up on her bed.

Love,
Janie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. In terms of what some might term a mess, I think we all have our own version of it, but it's our mess and if it works for us that's all that counts.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Are you ready for the big storm? WE are pretty much set...I hope. Where will they put all this snow in Fargo?? Hope you and the critters enjoy the snow:)

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad you had such a great birthday, and that you're starting to feel a little better. Also glad your inspection went smoothly, and you're making more steps forward on purging. Baby steps, sure. But even baby steps move you closer eventually. :)

Juli said...

I have one week left of my time out of work so I've been organizing as well. Pople are always shocked when I say that my "such and such" is such a mess, because typically I am insanely organized. But we all have our spaces!

Oldest is home in two weeks. He's going through his "keep" boxes to edit down, as the next time he's home it will most likely be to move out.

Youngest's "keep" boxes are an entire WALL in the basement. To say he has a traumatic issue with letting things go is an understatement. *sigh*

Hena Tayeb said...

Happy Belated birthday.
Love all the birthday art you got and your surprise dinner.. so sweet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

So nice to read about the family birthday get together for you, Rita, and glad it happened before another round of snow. I have been reading about the nasty weather in so many parts of the Midwest and tornadoes as well. Thankfully, all we have had recently were rain, lightning and thunderstorms, but no snow. As for what you consider a mess, as David G commented it's all in the perception. My computer work area is "organized" for myself but doesn't always look neat.

Good news on the symptoms slowing subsiding and you seem to be able to have more energy as well. urging always makes me feel better too.

Divers and Sundry said...

You call that a mess? lol

No snow here, just rain and tornado watches and warnings. We've been by-passed so far, but some places near us have been hurt bad :(

Cozy Kittie :) Congratulations on your continuing progress towards moving. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Happy Birthday! Purging and cleaning can be therapeutic. Exhausting but therapeutic.

Jeanie said...

Uh...no. That office is not a mess. Just saying. Piles aren't a mess. Mess is a mess.

Sounds good, the birthday, the week, the whole bit. And nice going with the purging of files and such. And Allie -- she looks very happy indeed! Happy week! Or maybe I should say Weekend!