Monday, October 16, 2023

October 16, 2023 Monday--2:45am

 A very good early morning to you!

Cloudy days.  Sunny days.  Windy days.  Rainy days.  All of them chilly--lol!

The petunias have survived the freeze and frost warnings so far, but they are looking a bit more peaked and saggy than they used to.
Under the weather would be more literal--lol!
I figured it was time for the falling leaves shower curtain to go up.
At the rate we're going I'll be hanging the one with the snowy trees sooner than I thought--lol!
This week I got more done on the Christmas cards.  I made the additional inside panels I needed.  Then began adding the double-sided tape on to the backsides of the front and back panels.
Above you can see I was doing that while watching the Goulet weekly Pencast.  :)  

I discovered that the arthritis in my hands didn't approve much of the taping hand movements.  I could write and color without too much of an issue--or more than the usual, at least.  This time they were getting quite cranky.  Could also be the change in the weather?  Anyways, I am going to need more breaks than I had thought I would.  Oh well.  Won't stop me.  ;)

Turned out I sent back the rest of those organizers to Amazon.  The third one I got that was supposed to spin...well, it didn't like spinning at all and was crookedly attached.  So I sent them all back--including the two stationery ones (that were smaller than expected because they were so thick).  Three out of three spinning organizers didn't spin or were completely broken.  Let's just say I would not suggest buying anything from Hennaja on Amazon. 

Amazon had a big two-day sale and I took a chance and bought a different kind of organizer for really cheap ($13).  Looked like it could hold a lot.  Here's the picture right on the outside of the box that came.  I knew I had to put it together, did not have high expectations, but the price was right--lol!
Piles of pieces.  Picture instructions, at least, and a tiny screwdriver.
Turned out to be quite a floppy project where I could have used an extra set of hands--lol!  I found things to prop it up or hold things in place while I screwed in added parts.
Eventually I had success!!  It is on the flimsy side but should hold together for a good while, I think.
I had no trouble starting to fill it up.
But what the heck is this?
A wooden rabbit??  What is it for?  I cannot see any purpose for it other than entertainment.
For now it is sitting next to the organizer on the lazy susan.  So silly!
But now I have more room!  I can even fit a full-size box of Puffs behind the organizer!  TaDa!  I do go through my tissues.  (Chronic sinus has been worse the past couple years, too...along with everything else--lol!)
After I had emptied, cleaned, and redone the kitchen table lazy susan...did the same with the one to the right of my chair.  My pens and drinks one.  Now delightfully free of the excess that was crammed on it...like medications and lip balms, etc.  All my letter writing gel pens plus some markers, too.
I can fit a full-size box of Puffs now over here, too!!  Whoohoo!  Not even in the way of my perpetual coffee and water mugs.  :)
The last lazy susan I cleaned and reorganized to the left of my chair.  I have a bunch of sugar-free gums and mints that the boys come looking for every time they are here.  I use them a lot, too.  There were just too many bottles and packages around, though--so I got the idea to repurpose my weekly vitamin containers that I am not currently using.  

There are gums in this one in the front--labeled underneath on washi tape.  And in the center--yes, washi tape drawers!  Also other stickers and such that I add to letters stacked in a couple small containers on top of the washi tape drawers.
Now one side has all the lotions...and my sugar-free chocolate and peanut butter chips for treats.
The other side has the medicinal stuff--from Tums to Melatonin to eye drops.  Behind all those in that wooden organizer are notebooks and remote controllers.  This lazy susan is still the most packed.
When I got done with all of that reorganizing...I could get back to working on the Christmas cards little by little.  
Reorganizing all the lazy susans was another one of those projects that takes forever...is a real mess while it is in progress, but barely noticeable when finished.  I am so happy, though.  Feels very different to me to have them so organized.  Hasn't been this organized since they were first here.  (And they had less stuff on them--lol!)  

Oh, and I got the rest of the mints and gums into unused vitamin containers, too.  All the extras are now in a box up in the cupboard and not scattered all over the countertop.  Hurray!
There is a variety of other sugar-free goodies in the cookie jar, too.  

The vitamin containers are all labeled on the bottoms.  I have a lot more gums than mints right now.  Low on mint selection--big blue one.  (Gramma likes variety, as you know.)
Once I get a few more mints I will be set for many months.  :)

You may recall I had set up letters (after way too long) recently.  I didn't think I had done much this past week again but I did have 14 letters set up and now I am down to six.  So I am making progress there.  My hands writing with a fountain pen can still do pretty well for quite a while without complaining.  Fountain pens make the biggest difference.  Even better than a gel pen.  Less pressure and gripping--FPs just flow so smoothly.  I have discovered yet another reason to love fountain pens over the years...arthritis--ROFL! 
Someone asked me what I meant by setting up letters.  I use these little folders or folio pads.  Have the envelope all addressed and stamped on the left side in the pocket.  (I'm covering their addresses with post it notes.) 
On the right side under the clip I have whatever I have chosen to write on (bookcard, stationery, card) along with their letter or card or email printed off that they sent to me.   
Then I am all set to go.  By now, though, I have another 4 or 5 I need to set up.  I keep them in a basket on the table until I get them ready.  They are stacked in with paperwork I need to file in the new file cabinet--lol!  I had best not put it off for very long now that I am finally getting caught up quite a bit.  With the health stuff going on this has happened to me a couple times a year the past couple years, I think...getting so far behind.  All depends on what's is going on and how many spoons I have.  ;)  Just life.  But I always respond--even when I have slow times.  :)  

I do so love me a paper chat and I have the best most understanding pen pals.  They have times, too, where it is harder to respond for a while.  Just how it is.  Heck!  I am even slow on answering emails--lol!  Better when it is because I have been busy using up spoons than because I have none, I guess.  Lately it is more often that I have used up the spoons I did have--lol!  So that is good.

Anyways, when I get them all set up they go over on the fourth and last lazy susan that's on the folding table to the left of my chair.  My letter-writing lazy susan.  I do love being able to reach everything after I bought up the lazy susans.  Best idea I ever had!  Can't imagine my life without them anymore.  One must adapt to one's circumstances, right?  (And one's lack of arm length--ROFL!)  I always needed them in my kitchens because I am so short.  Made sense to me to have more of them around, if to no one else--lol!

Oh, how could I forget!  Turned out the breaker/fuse tripped every time I turned on the pantry light or the light in the hallway.  I called on Tuesday and even talked to somebody at the new "hub" we have to call to report stuff or talk to a human, if we are lucky.  He said he thought it was just the breaker going bad and needing to be replaced.  Sounded like they'd had this happen before.  He would send in a repair request to Gerald.  

But no Gerald--all week.  So I have to call again today, I guess.  It's a good thing I was too tried and sore to untangle all the cords I had messed with to plug into the kitchen outlet.  It is still like that.  Even though I can flip the breaker back now--it could quit working altogether at any time.  So, I have not been using the pantry or hall lights.  Makes it difficult to see what you are doing when you are scooping the cat box--lol!  But the worst part is Keanna comes on Tuesday and she won't be able to see very well to clean the pantry floor.  Oh well.  All I can do is call again.  

I remember there was a notice in our weekly flyer a few months back about how people had been complaining that requests were not being forwarded by this new phone hub thingie (more impersonal and harder to reach a human than in our office).  I guess that is true.  Gerald is usually here in a day or two.  I wonder if he ever got the work order at all?  But they do overwork him.  I think he might be the only maintenance man since Covid for several of the complexes Goldmark oversees.  Anyways, I hope it is just the breaker needing replacement.  I do not like electricity acting up out of the blue.  I always think of fires, you know? 

So that is how the week went.  McFamily was busy all weekend with an Octoberfest event and a golf event.  So no working with Trent on the apartment.  I think Leah picked up my wild bird seed order from Fleet Farm Sunday.  I am just going by our shared calendar.  

Sadly, I have not seen the partridges again all week.  They might be coming early in the morning, but I doubt it because they'd be back during the day, too.  I hope they might return at some point.  Regardless, I will be feeding all the little birds all winter and need the seed for all my little buddies.  :)     

Been a pretty quiet week.  I do so appreciate a quiet week.  ;)  Been sneezing--like with allergies--and nose running a little more than usual.  Just glad to be inside and warm...but able to still crack the patio door open when it climbs into the 60s during the day.  I haven't had to turn the heat on yet this fall.  

Tonight they are talking 33 degrees--so possible frost or freezing again.  The month seems to by flying by!  Half over already!  I shall keep puttering along...working on Christmas cards...letters...whatever I can manage.  :) :)  Hey, I even got three loads of laundry done this week AND put away.  That's something for me lately.  Maybe get enough energy to be back doing P&P again pretty soon.  I have the studio yet to finish going through.  It is all waiting for me.  

I just prioritize according to how I feel each day.  Glad to get something done--even if it doesn't show much--ROFL!  ;)   I am having good days...even if I don't feel that well some days.  Been good days, regardless, you know?  Counting my many blessings.  And you all are counted all the time.  Till next week, my friends.  Good days to you all!!  :)       

12 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am an early riser, generally up by 5am, but 2:45am is a little early even for me!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Whoever gets your Christmas card should feel honored. Each one is so time consuming and made the care and love

DJan said...

I smiled at that wooden rabbit! You have been busy this past week, for sure. Thanks for the post, which must have taken awhile to get finished! :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was SURE I left you a comment earlier. Am I losing it, or did I leave a comment already?

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet the rabbit is a holder of some kind...a cell phone? recipe? Anyways he is cute! Good to hear that you had a decent week!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I get up early, not that early but if one is awake and restless and unable to sleep just as good to get up an so stuff. So it's cloudy, windy and raining there you can keep that weather here it is warm to hot most days. The petunias look nice.

I have to get my ass into gear and start work on the calendars for next year they are just time consuming, the wooden rabbit looks nice but what its purpose is I have no idea.

The whole thing looks good but would be too big for my work area and yes we make a mess when we are changing things around.

Jeanie said...

I like your new organizer -- very attractive (now that it's together!) I say paint the rabbit head white and stick it outside your door at Easter. But that is an odd inclusion. Well done for $13~

Lots of fun stuff in this post, Rita! (I haven't seen temps in the 60s all month, I think! At least since October 3 when I came to the lake!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I got a nice, long, newsy letter from you today! Always good to hear from you! I love that fall shower curtain. Very nice! I almost bought an organizer just like that one - glad I didn't seeing how many pieces it came in. Looks like you had a productive week getting organized. It's always nice to see what is going on with you! See you again soon!

Rosie said...

You are always busy with your cards and organising things, don't know how you fit it all in, you are amazing. You put a lot of love into your cards and I am sure they are appreciated. The weather here is warming up while yours is cooling down. Hope you have a good week.

Janie Junebug said...

That organizer had so many pieces one would think it came from Ikea. The rabbit is cute, but odd. Is it sturdy enough that you could use it to prop up a tablet or a small book? I love your lazy susans. Now I know what it looks like when you write your letters to me. It's comforting. Again, you've gotten a lot done. I turned on the heat last night just in case I needed it, and it did come on right after I got up this morning a little after 6. I had to work in the office today : ( so I needed to have the house nice and warm or I would be tempted to stay under my blanket instead of getting up to take my shower. We're having chillier weather than usual this fall. The dogs love it. Princess wants to sit on my lap during the evening to watch TV, but sometimes I disappoint her because I want to do other things. She likes a new show on Apple TV. We watched the first episode of Lessons In Chemistry. I liked it and it definitely has the Princess Seal of Approval.She also likes The Bear on HULU, and so do I.

Love,
Janie

Divers and Sundry said...

It's been chilly here but is expected to warm up into the 70s later in the week.

Finding workable storage looks like a fun project ;)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

You are so organized! I like your idea of putting mints in the pillboxes. Very clever! I was at a senior event the other day and there were multiple companies handing out free pillboxes. I should have taken more...they would have gone to good use!