Monday, July 29, 2024

July 29, 2024 Monday--5am

Good morning!
Blogger is being more cooperative today but still insists on uploading the pictures centered.  I am done arguing with Blogger about it.  Centered it is.  Sorry for those of you who find it harder to read the blog.  You'll have to be annoyed with Blogger--lol!

I've been feeling better.  Mostly worked on catching up with letters this week.  Had a little rain.
A lot of hotter days in the 80s and low 90s.  The electricians were there to do most of the finishing work.  :)

So funny!  Once in a while I will see a lone bird sitting on the tippy-top branch of the tree across the way.
Looks like a silly robin.  Not sure why this always cracks me up, but it does.  I take joy wherever I can find it--lol!
Keanna came on Tuesday.  I watched the boys over lunch on Thursday so Dagan could do some things at work and go to a work picnic.  (Ended up too hot to have the picnic outdoors--lol!)  Ian worked on building my Minecraft house.  We added on an addition to make a kitchen and made a rainbow colored hallway to get to it.  Put window boxes with flowers and flowers in the ground all the way around the house.  Found out if you plant vines they grow on any wall inside and outside of the house...and over doors and windows--lol!  Liam and Ian got rid of them all finally.  Was a fun day.

Allie is going to be one happy water-cat until we move.  And she does love her new little cat food bowl.
She snoozed in her various favorite spots while I wrote letters.
I made a crazy purchase that already came on Sunday.  No, this isn't the Lego version.  It's a fake...but I had no idea there was such a thing as Lego flower bouquets!!  I never thought I would ever be excited about Legos--ROFL!
When I stumbled across it on Amazon I just could imagine Ian and Laim and I putting these together!  976 pieces--OMG!  The boys are quite adept Lego builders, though.
I made it a housewarming gift to myself, I guess.  Just had to get it so the boys and I can put it together.  Will look good in the studio...along with the colorful puzzles on the walls.  :)  What few vases I kept are packed away someplace, so Leah said I can borrow one of hers.
The plan...I am going over not tomorrow but next Tuesday evening to watch the boys while Dagan, Leah, and Aaron (Leah's brother) go to see the new Deadpool/Wolverine movie.  They were going to go tomorrow night but it was already sold out a week ahead of time!  Very popular movie.  I'll be bringing the fake Lego bouquet with me and the boys and I will work on that all evening. 

I got a few pictures from Leah.  Back to the Fourth of July...strawberry and blueberry drinks... 
...and a flag dessert.
Looks like the boys helped decorate it. :)
The McGregor family vacation looks like it was a fun week!  They spent a lot of time in the lake and on this large float on the hot days.
The boys and their cousins.
Nights around the firepit.

The worst thing about where they stayed was the stairs, Ian said.  
He counted them--91 steps up and down to the lake!
Minnesota lakes usually have these around.
When I see pictures I can almost hear that haunting loon call at dusk.  Love them!
Anyways, they had a great week!
Last Monday Ian went to a pottery class!!
I told Leah to tell him that Gramma was jealous!
I think he did a really good job on his first try!
He won't get them after firing for a couple of weeks or so.  Then they have to be glazed and fired again, don't they?  I only know that is the way it worked for the ceramics classes I took when Dagan was little.
Then Sunday McFamily went to the Fargo Air Show to see the Blue Angels!  I saw--and heard--them flying in formation over my apartment, too!  Looks like they had a great time!






This is the formation of four jets that I saw over my apartment.  The Blue Angels are impressive.  And very loud--lol!






Anyways, another week is gone.  Was a really good week.  An eventful week.  A hopeful week.  I am just about caught up on letters.  Grateful I am starting to feel better and that my AC is still working so well.  Quiet, peaceful days are fabulous!  I will take them gladly.  Have a marvelous week, my friends!  Till next Monday...

15 comments:

DJan said...

I too am feeling much better since the election news has gone so much more to my liking! And I am thrilled to see how much you have accomplished this week. Sending you and the family all the best!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

What a great week for the kids! Between the lake and the airshow, they got a lot in. That is a lot of stairs down to the lake!

Sandra said...

It has been HOT! That's a lot of steps to and from the lake. They got exercise in with fun. I don't have the patience for something like the Lego flowers. I think there would be cursing!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well the McFamily is busy! As it should be. :) I saw those flower legos in Walmart and i ran away screaming...Nooooo...lol just kidding but um no way too intricate and too many pieces. I'm sure the boys can do it but not for me...lol They are going to look great in you new home though! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You sound really UP, which makes me happy. Allie looks quite content, too.

What a great time the McFamiy had at the lake and then at the air show. Those boys have a lot of happy memories from this summer. Glad you are feeliong better, dear Rita.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Perhaps Blogger decided to cooperate on International Friendship Day! Bear in mind it’s only one day though, so don’t be surprised when it gets cantankerous and ornery tomorrow!

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Far Side of Fifty said...

You had a good week! Legos are amazing!! I am quite jealous of Ian and his pottery too...what fun for him!

Janie Junebug said...

That is a lot of steps. I'd be worn out by them. Minnesota lakes are lovely. The Lego flowers are great. What a perfect activity for the 3 of you to work on together.

Love,
Janie

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

That bird on the top of the tree looks cute, not as cute as Allie but cute, when I think of Lego think of my nephew who loves his Lego and has a large collection.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The centering didn't seem to be an issue, Rita, and as for "arguing" with blogger, there is no sense in that because there's no rhyme or reason to how it does placements at times. Seems like you and the grands both had a good week. Ian's pottery class produced some nice results and maybe you will be the recipient of a piece once it has been fired. The nice thing about the Lego flowers is no watyering or maintenance required😉

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Rita - I'm glad things seem to be settling down and that you have that AC organised. Sounds the families have been having fun and sharing those delights with you. Good to know you're feeling better ... and those 'Lego' Flowers look great fun - a puzzle the kids will enjoy with you. Cheers Hilary

Jeanie said...

I love how much Allie likes her bowl. I like the centering but yes, when you are used to something and blogger messes with it, it's frustrating! I love that you have such good times with you grands! That's an experience they'll never forget, especially the constancy and consistency of it.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's sweet to see your kitty liking her stuff 😍 I like the LEGO flowers. There's a Christmas tree, too. I wait for sales...

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

Great pictures.. and I like them in central position. Good to know that the kids had fun!
https://www.volatilespirits.com/