Sunday, October 11, 2026

October 11, 2026 Sunday

Greetings!

Very little to tell this week again.  Dagan has been feeling better and I was just plain too miserable with mouth pain to go to the walk-in clinic.  I had an appointment Thursday morning at the dentist.  When I called they seemed to be pretty sure it was tooth or bone from the extraction I had months ago.  Leah set me up with yogurt and puddings.  Sharp pain every time I swallowed, let alone chewed.  Dagan and Leah have been making me bowls of over-easy eggs every night.  

Dentist said she was going to take a look and see if I needed an x-ray--whatever she did hurt so badly I got tears as she poked around twice in a row.  I thought--OMG!--and she hasn't even started yet?!  But...she was already done!  Pulled it right out of my swollen gums.  Tooth or bone, she wasn't sure...but they seemed to think it was from the extraction.  I guess this happens often enough that they are used to it.  She filed down the small chipped area and I was done.  OMG!!  What a relief!  She said to let her know if the swelling or pain increased, but it should just get better over the next week.  My tongue did look mangled and raw, she said.

Since I already had an appointment at a clinic on Monday for the pre-op physical, I decided to just keep it.  So I will see a doctor, have them check my lungs, and it won't just be me deciding to postpone the eye surgery again.  I can't remember if it was a week or ten days you had to be "recovered" from respiratory illness before you could have surgery.  I am not recovered.  Been about two months now.  Even if I offer to have it while not being put under, I think it is basically the same thing.  You aren't supposed to have a respiratory illness.  I most certainly still do.

So, I will go see a doctor Monday and after that I will get the labwork done for the rheumatologist.  They will probably be postponing the eye surgery again.  Good thing it is something that can be postponed, eh?  

Other than that...my mouth is slowly feeling better.  Leah had me stocked up on pudding cups and yogurt and protein shakes.  She or Dagan has been making me some over-easy eggs in a bowl at night.  Shouldn't be too long and I will be able to chew again.  

The mouth pain was worse than the coughing for not being able to sleep or get things done.  So, it was an unproductive week...but pretty peaceful, actually.  Allie has been mesmerized by box elder bugs in the window well.


I finished watching all of Major Crimes.  Now I am back to watching season 19 of Murdoch Mysteries.  Sleeping whenever I can.  Ordered all the various parts for my 2027 Bullet journal.  Decided to go up a size to an A5 this time.  (Thinking positive--that I may be able to get more done next year and need more room for to-do lists.)  Just one item left to arrive and I can slowly organize my Bullet for next year.  I figured I may as well start early as I already have January appointments to enter.  

Wild Card:
Sadly, the first thing that came to mind was my country...democracy...our government.  But then also my fellow Minnesotans.  (Am beyond proud of them!)  I could not have ever pictured or imagined all of this to be happening here.  

I am filling out my ballot this week to be mailed.  I still have hope and faith in the people of this country to have more love than hate.  Enough said.  

Allie is asleep in the sun on her cat couch.  The dishwasher is quietly doing its job.  Just finished some chocolate pudding.  Knowing I will be able to chew again soon is quite a wonderful thing.  Apologies to my snail-mail friends.  I've still been kind of off grid in general but hope to get back to more normal functioning soon.  Meanwhile, there is comfort in a warm blanket and a cozy mystery.  I am doing okay.  Till next week, my friends...  :) :)

No comments: