Sunday, June 27, 2010
Rain, rain, go away...yippee!!!
Apparently we are supposed to be rain free for a few days. Ahhh!
Here's the second batch made with Cheap Joe's American Journey watercolors and sprayed with LuminArt's misting sprays--which do drip.
I wonder if you could kind of wrap the bottles with a paper towel to catch the drips?
I'll have to remember that next time I am spraying something larger than a regular card size. (Didn't have as much trouble with smaller items as the drips can miss the smaller card front.) I cut the two on the right side the same size as the last ones (2" X 5") and the rest 2" X 6".
I still really like the sheen it put on the paper.
And I don't mind the drips. Makes it look like I'm one of those carefree messy artists that are supposed to be the "real" artists...versus the anal/OCD artist's like me--hehe! [I always heard complaints in every art class in high school and college to "loosen up"!! Well-this is as loose as I get--ROFL!]
Okay. The moth adventure. I even got the camera before I let Karma loose after her moth "prey". Swallows were diving at it and then realizing it was on the other side of the screen. Probably what was getting Karma extra excited--the birds! I got this picture of her crying up at the moth...
...and a very quick zoom of the big moth...
...before Karma jumped up on the table, knocked it down, and pounced on it hard--before I could even get another shot off. I'm still surprised when she moves that fast--ROFL!
It crawled just a little...
...but the way it fell so readily off the screen, I think it might have been on its last legs. I left Karma with her plaything--gross! Circle of life, eh?
Ten minutes later...I don't know if she ate it or it crawled away. I know Karma was disappointed that it had no fight left in it, no fluttering, and it didn't even try to get away. Odds are it slowly crawled off to die someplace on the porch, but Karma isn't telling.
Later I tried the black Chinese ink stripes with my Schmincke tiny palette.
Didn't work like I had envisioned. Here it is dry. Wasn't very happy with this batch. I still had the paper too juicy--like you need to for the saran wrap technique.
I cut these all up at the 2" X 5" size...
...hoping a few of them might be salvageable.
I like the bolder ones, but the ones that have the blurry gray areas--not so much. Oh well, I really liked the first two batches and they can't all be home runs, right?
Well, this old watercolor block had something like 20 sheets in it--so I still have a lot to play with. And anything we don't like for bookmarks we can always recycle for future handmade paper. :)
Anyways, I slept really well for half of last night. No pain pill. :) Hot muggy day today. Glad to be inside with my AC and fans.
I might get the metallic acrylic paints out next time. I'm even thinking about some solid colored bookmarks. I remember a couple of them in solid metallic copper--back when we made them last time--and I liked those, too. Plus, you can use acrylics more like watercolors--can thin them down with water. Play! Play! ;)
Hope you're having a really nice weekend. :):)
"There is no large and difficult task that can't be divided into little easy tasks."