Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday-11:30am

I think this was Thursday morning, but I won't swear to it.  
 I am still sick and foggy, but better than I was a week ago.  
Anyways--woke up to a little snow!!!
Love it!  Love it!!  Love it!!
You may recall my whining about no snow last year. 
Everything seemed to miss us so it was mostly a brown winter--yuck!  (Not good for septic tanks and water pipes up here, either.) 
I was delighted to see it sparkling and hope to see more. 
Karma was thrilled, too. 
Leah said I slept through a mini-blizzard that morning.  (Yes!  I have been sleeping--tada!!)  The snow blew hard enough to come over and right through the screen door.  I cracked the patio door open a few inches so that Karma could pretend she was out on the porch...
...but from the comfort of her soft, warm carpet.  She loved it! 
I didn't get a picture, but she ate her fill of the white fluffy snow, too.  She was one happy cat! 
And the next morning...bunny tracks!  And there might be some tiny grouse prints along the edge of the snow there.  What fun! 
Anyways, been in the 20s.  
Quite crispy out there.   
****
Leah and Ian came over for a short visit on Wednesday afternoon.  Ian sat for a little while with Gramma and watched one of his favorite programs--Wild China--on Netflix.  He took some time to become reacquainted with his toys in his toy shelves here.  But, in the end, Ian always finds Karma's cat toy container more interesting,.  Of course, right?  LOL!   It's so nice that he actually likes to come to Gramma's place now...where we can shut the door to all those tempting art & craft supplies so he's free to run around.  Ahhhh!  We love it, too!  
****
All I have managed to do all week is finally do laundry (had to-no more socks or underpants) and cook up some hotdishes.  The crummy news...yesterday I had a piece of a molar break off when I was eating toast so I have to call the dentist's on Monday.  That tooth is more filling than actual tooth so I expect it means another tooth might be pulled.  Gosh I hate going to the dentist.  *shudders*  
****
It doesn't hurt at all, though, so that's good.  Or at least not enough to break through past all the regular pain level.  (But you may recall I had an abscessed molar years ago that I never noticed till my face swelled up--LOL!)
****
Oh, and you'll laugh!  The broken piece of tooth is sharp as can be and was rubbing against the side of my tongue.  Hurt like hell.  You don't realize how your tongue moves back and forth every time you swallow.  By this morning my tongue felt like raw meat.  A solution came to me as I was waking up, as happens so often (do believe I get help from GA).  I took a piece of that wall tack stuff to hold up posters, etc, and put it over the sharp piece of tooth.  Worked like a charm!  What a relief.  I'll have to chew on the other side, of course, but if it falls off...well, I have a whole lot more poster tack--ROFL!  How wonderful to be able to swallow without feeling like you are slicing your tongue to pieces.  Makes one appreciate one's normal, everyday pain level, eh?  ;)  Everything is relative.  
****
Anyways, Leah is coming over alone tomorrow to work on Christmas cards again.  Sadly, I have not felt well enough to work on them in the meantime.  Am at least semi-functional now, though.  Back up to daily living skills most days, anyways--ROFL!  When I don't take the decongestant or the sleep aide (had to try, right?)...I become snot-woman and can't sleep well.  So I have a feeling this is going to hang on for a while longer.  I'm past the worst of it, though, now--I think.  Hallelujah!!  Hoping to get back to my normal in a week or so...maybe less?  I am always hopeful.  :)
****
 Karma is snoring lightly on the chair here--curled up between my legs.  Her feet are kicking every so often.  She may be dreaming she is actually catching the sparrows and grouse and rabbits that loom before her on her IMAX CatTV.  Karma can be optimistic, too.  Just not that often--LOL! 
****
Well, have a very good weekend!
I'd love to see a really white Thanksgiving this year.
Hey!  I shouldn't be contagious anymore so I can send out lots of love and hugs!  ;) :)
****
"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together." 
Vista M. Kelly

21 comments:

DJan said...

Glad to hear you are getting back to your normal state, slowly but surely. I love those pictures of Karma enjoying her cat TV. :-)

AliceKay said...

I had a tooth break like that once. Had to wait a couple of weeks to get into the dentist. My tongue was pretty raw by the time the tooth was fixed. The dentist put in 3 pins and lots of filling to keep it together. Good luck with yours.

Always nice to see Karma enjoying her Cat-TV.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Looks like you are experiencing similar weather as we are having here. How exciting to see grouse tracks so close to your door! Wouldn't it be fun for Karma if there were grouse chicks next spring that would walk by or spend time hanging around there? Hope you are able to get in quickly on Monday to have your tooth fixed.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're on the road to recovery--hope there are no more potholes in it!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It will be good when you are feeling yourself again. I can't believe you had SNOW. We got it in western KS. About 20 inches in some areas. The day before there were tornadoes, so our autumn has been rather active. Please feel better soon. BTW, I know the feeling of a broken tooth and how your tongue naturally wants to go there.

Serena Lewis said...

Glad to hear you've improved a lot, Rita.

I had a part of my tooth break off nearly five years ago. The filling was still in tact and I had no pain so never saw a dentist. It's still broken but no issues from it, thank goodness. If you're getting any pain at all, you should see a dentist sooner than later, especially being that it's too sharp and hurting your tongue. I don't like going to the dentist either but good luck.

Karma is so darned cute!

Enjoy your weekend as best you can. xo

Linda said...

I am glad you are feeling a little better, Rita! I don't know anyone who enjoys a visit to the dentist! LOL! And I love your photos. Cats are amazing at knowing what we are going through and they are very comforting.

Mersad said...

I think Karma wants to play around in the snow, or at least she seems curious by it :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Desiree said...

What joy seeing pics of Karma, the snow and getting an update on things in general. Hopefully, things can only improve from here on in regard to your health!
Good to know you are at least sleeping a lot more deeply. Just keep up with the sinus meds!

Carol said...

So glad you are feeling better! it does seem to take weeks to recover from this stuff. Hopefully you can get into the dentist quickly and get it fixed. I had that happen and it was weeks before I could get in because I wasn't experiencing pain. Mine was sharp too so I got some temporary filling at Walmart and but that on. The dentist wanted to put a crown on and I had to wait until tax return to pay my share of it so I used the temporary filling for 4 months. I hated to spend the money on a crown but I didn't want to lose another molar either as I already don't have any on the other side of my mouth. Karma looks so content looking out the crack in the door way. She's such a character ♥

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well I am glad you have had some lovely snow, and I am glad that you have manage to get some sleep, sleep is good and something some people take for granted. I also hope you start to feel better soon

Neesie said...

It's good to hear you're feeling better Rita, if sounds like you've been knocked for six!
Love the photo's of Karma and the snow. Your dental remedy gave me such a giggle.
Carry on recovering and I hope you are able to get back to your creativity soon.

Jenny Woolf said...

So glad to see you blogging again Rita and I am glad you are on the mend, and hope your recovery happens even quicker than you expect. It is so great that Ian has toy shelves at yours, it will be such a big thrill for him to visit! I hopetoo that you get more super sparkly snow. I know people moan about it but it's so much better than brown and bleak. :) although I can appreciate why Karma doesn't want to venture out!

TexWisGirl said...

glad you're feeling somewhat better. sorry about the tooth! karma is so cute enjoying her winter snow and air. :)

Hilary said...

Oh I feel for you with that tooth. The exact same thing happened to me last spring and my tongue was ripped to shreds. And I had the same solution as you. How clever are we! Mine was mostly filling also but they were still able to build the tooth up again.. so try not to worry about it too much.

ChicagoLady said...

Glad you are feeling better! Depending on how much tooth is left, the dentist might just put a crown on it, instead of pulling it. We got hit with quite a bit of snow Fri/Sat, and very cold temps followed. January weather in November; I don't like it one bit! I'd gladly send the snow your way or out east to another friend that wants it.

Intense Guy said...

I am very glad you are feeling better. It has been a hanging on bit of being sick for you. :(

Dee said...

Dear Rita, that Kelly quote is worth remembering. Thanks for sharing it. I'm sorry to learn how sick you've been . . . and are. It's true that pain here or there in our body makes us appreciate what life's like when we have no pain. You always find a way to be grateful. That's a great gift to you and to all of us. Peace.

Anonymous said...

How lovely with snow - just in time to celebrate your road to recovery.

Sherry Ellis said...

It's nice to see the snow. I miss it in Georgia!

Hope you continue to feel better.

Anonymous said...

my first visit here. love the way you write about your day to day stuff. and love your ginormously big cat :)