Sunday, November 08, 2015

Sunday-9am-Journal Showdown

Good Morning!
We've had a lot of dark (and sometimes drizzly) days.  I have had rare sightings of the grouse family.  Glad to see they're still around.
My energy supply did not come gushing in. 

 I was still about as lively as Miss Karma--LOL!
But I did make one of the two videos that were my goals for this week so I am very happy that I at least got one done--tada!  You can tell I am still a bit spacey and scattery, but at least you get the gist--LOL!  The next one will be the new apartment tour.  :)
****
Here was my set up.  I decided to add an old cream colored placemat on the table so that I would have a basic idea where my camera space was.  Karma didn't want to feel left out so she got a chair, too--LOL!    
I realized after I had made the video that the other participants were showing only journals they were actually using right now.  Well, I included the very-old-untouched-for-years journals, last years failures, and my future plans for the coming year.  (I hope I am tremendously more successful than I was in 2015--what a laugh, eh?)  Here's more than you ever wanted to know about me and my journals...

If you want to join in or just peek at other people's journals or meet Jamie:
Jamie's Journal Showdown video.
Jamie Riddler Studios
I hope these links work because I copied them from my YouTube description.  Let me know, okay?
Okay--the first two didn't.  So I added new ones.
****
Oh, ya!!  Strange!!  I wondered where that last tiny video of Ian saying goodbye went because it didn't show up on my YouTube channel?  Then when I posted the Journal Showdown one...same thing...???  An email came congratulating me on posting a new video, like it always does--but I couldn't find that one, either, when I went to my channel.  ??  Come to find out that somehow Google decided all on its own to make me a new YouTube channel under Rita McGregor!  What the heck?!  Did they use my Google+ account that they practically forced me to open?  Why did they do that without my knowledge?  How could they do that without my knowledge?  I had just gone to my saved/bookmarked spot and did everything the same as usual?  Google has some nerve.
****
  So I went back last night and had to repost both of those videos in my original account--which is soulcomfort1 because that was my old yahoo email address I used back when I started on YouTube in 2008.  Does anyone know how to delete a YouTube account?  I do not want or need two of them.  Good grief!
****
Well, one down, one to go.  
I'm happy.  
Anyways, have a great day.  :) :)
****
"The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are."
Goldie Hawn

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the videos worked!!

Neesie said...

Oh Rita... I use Google+, Facebook and YouTube but sometimes I haven't a scooby as to how or why they work so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help to you. Other than to say perhaps you should contact them to let them know of your displeasure.
You're certainly getting very techy now that you're moving into the movie world!
Karma looks so relaxed and totally settled into her new home ;D
Enjoy your Sunday and I hope you have a great creative week ahead.

Hilary said...

Every time Google does something different, I dislike them a little bit more. I have to remind myself that it's a free (if you consider them knowing everything about you free) service. I feel your frustration.

Mersad said...

Very interesting journals and notebooks in your video. I have to get a good one for myself. I have a nice red one for my recipes.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Jenny Woolf said...

Those journals are so cool! I feel about as lively as Miss Karma today too!

GrandmaG said...

I've got the same YouTube problem! Somehow I have two channels! And when I upload a video, I never know where it will land. I don't want to lose videos, so I'm hesitant to even try deleting a channel. Looks doubtful I'll ever be a regular YouTuber - LOL!

DJan said...

I have a YouTube channel I created. I should make sure I don't have two of them. I have only posted a very few videos, since I'm not much of a videographer. :-)

Carol said...

I'm feeling like Karma today too :) I"m having trouble with the eyes today and I can't focus on videos it seems :( Not just yours any I've tried today . So I'll to come back later and see how it goes.

Dee said...

Dear Rita, I'm not the one who can answer any technical questions about blogging or the Internet, Youtube or Blogger or anything that techie! But I do hope that you get some answers. Take care of yourself. I, too, make plans for the coming year but I'm learning that it's truly best for me to have long-range goals but to be absolutely open to change at any moment! Peace.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Yes I found the video interesting as well, it was long but it was informative and good and worth the watch

Vicky said...

I now have photos all over the place in different accounts thanks to Google, I am trying to figure out how to get them all in the same place with minimum of work LOL

Deb J. in Utah said...

I will have to check out your videos sometime. Have you made any starring Karma? ;-) Have a great week!

Intense Guy said...

I ran into the same issue with Google+ too. At the moment, my only "fix" is to make sure you are logged into Google using the account (email) that you want to use.

If you want to actually delete an account:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

Make sure you are logged into the right account!!! (the one you want to delete!)

Linda said...

Lovely photos, and Miss Karma is adorable! :)

AliceKay said...

Same here with the two different YouTube accounts. Gotta make sure you are logged into the one you actually want the videos to post to or else they go where you don't want them.