Monday, July 25, 2022

July 25, 2022 Monday--6pm

Good evening!  

Yes, I decided to wait until after I got back from the eye doctor so as not to leave you all hanging for a week--LOL!  And it is nice to have good news to share.  No glaucoma (runs in the family, as you know) and the twinkling light arcs in my eyes are probably aural migraines and shouldn't be any real problem--just disruptive and annoying.  Usually are without pain and last under half an hour.  Mine have been just a few minutes, so I am lucky.  My eyes are still dilated, so this will be written in segments of time.

I am really glad to have positive news since I had the twinkling, pixelated, light arc on Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday.  Didn't last but a few minutes.  I shut the blinds, laid back, closed my eyes (can still see it with your eyes closed), rested, and it would be gone in a few minutes.  I was afraid of a tear or rip somewhere, but he didn't see any at all.  Whew! 

Other news:

My sister, Renee, stayed in the hospital because she needed surgery on the wound on her back she got from lying in the shower for a couple of days.  That surgery went well and last I heard she has been waiting for them to find a rehab facility for her to be transferred to.

We had a thunderstorm and rain a couple of times, but not a ton.

I got the trash out, baked chicken & some keto brownies, did laundry, and the laptop table came on Thursday.

I got it out of the box but that was as far as I got--LOL!  
I worked on the Christmas card fronts off and on.  By this weekend I finished the green bulbs!
On Sunday Leah popped over to put together my laptop table for me!  Life is feeling more normal day by day--LOL!
As you can see in the background of the above picture--I have my cart filled up with Annie things to go to the garage.  Haven't made it out there yet.
Dagan might come over this week to help me with moving things to the garage and with cleaning out the big kitty litter tub.  I'm obviously in no hurry.

Oh, and the getting emails with more than one blog post link so that I am behind....try 16-28 links at once!!!  I've gotten three in that range the last week or so.  I thought getting 3-5 at a time was bad--LOL!  So if you haven't seen me commenting for quite a while...could be why.  I really need to try other ways of following now that I got a laptop table back.

Oh and also--I wouldn't be able to foster cats here.  I really only had permission to have Karma.  They even wanted a photo of her way back when the building was new.  I never told the office about getting Annie from Dagan and Leah after Karma died.  (Annie immediately hid so they never knew if my cat was calico or black--lol!)  I had to have a form filled out by a doctor or counselor or somebody official to have a cat as a "companion animal" in the first place.  Only allowed one cat--declawed.  And yet there are so many people living here who have cats and small dogs!?  They certainly don't seem to be very strict with that rule--so if I decide to get another cat one day I will just do it and not tell them.

But they can be real sticklers when they want to be...even when it is not your fault.  Remember they tried to tell me I hadn't returned the annual paperwork?  Next thing there were some more forms in an envelope clipped outside my door--that I hadn't see for days.  I don't go out to check the mail every day like I used to since covid and cancer.  Apparently they had clipped this smaller pack of forms to my door on like Thursday before last.  Well, I didn't find it till Saturday or Sunday.  I filled it all out but was feeling on the crummy side (weird leg wise) so didn't walk it down last Monday.  

Tuesday--I honestly forgot all about it.  I missed a call from the office and got a voice message--saying my paperwork was due the beginning of the month and she was afraid some other lady was going to give me notices of infractions.  Huh?  They were the ones who didn't get the paperwork to me in the first place until after it was due.  *sigh*  She said I could just clip it outside my door and let her know so she could come down and pick it up if I wanted to.  So, I chose to text back that I hung it outside the door because I found the voicemail at midnight and my days and nights have been flipped basically for some time so I'm asleep all morning.

But when I check the next afternoon--still hanging there!  I walk it down...no one in the office at 2pm.  A lady told me she just went to lunch.  I slide it under the door and think that is finally done with.  

Meanwhile, I am wondering why in the world I never heard the phone ring.  Remembered this happened to me once last year and Leah found out I had somehow put the phone on "do not disturb"!  How I managed to do that is beyond me--but I finally found it and--yes--I had done it again.  I think in holding the phone my thumb may have touched the do not disturb when I used the flashlight on the phone one night.  That's my guess.

Anyways, two days later I get a call from the office wanting that paperwork.  I said I slid it under the office door two days ago.  And she told me texting doesn't work...but I told her I saw it written on my screen?  *sigh*  Then she finds it on the computer or somewhere that they had gotten that clump of paperwork...BUT THEN she tells me there is one more form I need to sign that isn't there yet.  (I'm thinking OMG!  Can they be any more disorganized?!)  She says she will call and let me know when it comes and I can either leave it outside my door and let her know to come and get it or we could do a quick signing together.  Okay.

That was last Thursday, I think.  Got a call today--but I had just gotten out of the shower so I told her to clip it outside the door.  Later when I was dressed and human--it was outside my door.  I signed it, walked it down, and no one was in the office.  Slipped it under the door and I pray that is the end of this craziness.  No wonder Goldmark has such a bad reputation in town here.  There were people who quite literally moved out of here when they learned Goldmark was taking over property management.  They go through employees pretty rapidly.  I am just glad we've had the same nice maintenance guy since I moved in.  (But they used to have more and I think he might be the only one I have seen since covid, really.)

So, that's the latest apartment drama--ROFL!  I basically ignore everything outside my door.  Even more so since covid.  Nobody here ever wanted to wear masks.  Some of them did for a while the first year after several people ended up in the hospital--that I know of--and I was avoiding everybody so I only heard what was going on mostly in my building (one of three connected buildings).  So I know probably not a fraction of what happened by any means.  Back then I did see the ambulance here a few times--and I was only out TO see that side of the buildings when I went to the dumpster.  So, that's like ten minutes every week or so...when I was still well enough to bring out my own trash--LOL!

Nobody here wears masks anymore.  I see one other woman who walks her dog that wears a mask when she's inside the building.  Nobody had a mask on at the eye doctor's.  But covid isn't quite finished with us yet...and I am still one of the vulnerable. 

Dagan's stepbrother and family didn't make it last week for the annual get together.  Their oldest got covid right before they were going to leave--like a day or so before?  Thank goodness, in a way--or they would have probably given it to everybody.  The rest of their family came down with it last week, of course.  We've still been lucky.  Neither McFamily or myself have had it.

Knock on wood!

Well, that's about it from here.  It is really weird to be blogging this late in the evening.  Better late than never, eh?  It's been cooler.  Still a bit sticky, but it is marvelous to be able to open the place for part of the day, at least.  Already time for my next infusion this Friday again--so I'll get to spend a little time with Leah.  :)  Tomorrow I need to go out and do some deadheading work on the planters.  I just started coloring the blue Christmas bulbs.  Can only do so many at a time due to eye strain with the macular puckers--and Dr. Dye gave me an animated "Good!" when I told him that I stop when I feel the pressure in my temples.  That applies to being online, crafts, reading, writing...you name it.  I have grown more cautious since having the macular puckers now in both eyes because I can end up with a whopping headache that will teach even a stubborn old Swede to pay attention--LOL!  

Till next week, my friends!  Be well.  Be safe.  Be content.  And don't ever be afraid to be silly!
 

13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I always enjoy your check-in posts. Glad that you got good news from the eye doctor. You don't need anything else to worry about. That paperwork drama with your property manager sounds like a mini-nightmare, so hopefully you have signed everything and got that taken care of. Covid is still a thing around here too, and Charly and I still mask up in stores. We are usually the only ones. No matter. I read today, that even people like us who think we have avoided Covid probably have had it and just had mild or no symptoms. I hope your week goes well. I love your hand-colored Christmas cards and will look forward to receiving one in a few months! See you again soon.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good news from the eye doctor and a new lap top table - not a bad week really! As for the paperwork with the property manager, that's the kind of stuff to drive you craazy!

Anvilcloud said...

Between your eyes and your paperwork, you’ve had a bit of a time of it.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Hi Rita, I am glad to read there are no problems with your eyes. Lucky you 😍.
But I am shocked about the fact that people are only allowed to have one DECLAWED cat. That is absolutely mistreating an animal. I don’t know if you watch (or watched) ‘ My cat from hell’, I do and this guy is always telling people not to have that done.
I wonder how an organization can ask that from people.
Sorry to be a bit fanatic about this, but I do feel this way.
Hope you have a great day!!! And no so warm anymore. Here it was HOT too, horrible. Now it is much better.

Hugs,

Annemarie

CrystalChick said...

Hello, Rita! I'm quite behind at the blogs again... but I did a quick scan back and saw your beloved Annie is gone, and may she be running free now. ((HUGS))
Good news on not having glaucoma! Hope Renee heals well.
Those Christmas cards are so sweet, love them!
I think I need a 'do not disturb' button on my phone. Seems most of the calls now are sales related.
Have a good week, and keep resting the peepers... no headaches!! xo
~Mary

Jeanie said...

I used to have a sign on my office wall -- "Poor organization on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." How frustrating.

I'm glad your news is good although that's unfortunate about not being able to foster a cat, especially when so many others have animals as well. The Christmas cards look pretty! Good luck this week with everything else

jinxxxygirl said...

Wow Rita! I would have been pulling my hair out with the apartment people.. and may not have been as kind as you!! Glad to hear your eyes ended up better than your worst fears.. That was a close call with Covid.. To the best of our knowledge neither Alvin or i have had it and believe me we do not stay home.. We did wear masks.. no longer.. and we were very good at sanitizing our hands.. trying to get back into sanitizing our hands since Covid is making the rounds again.. but do not plan to wear a mask again unless forced.. We are both shot and boostered.. Take care dear Rita! Hugs! deb

Janie Junebug said...

I looked for your blog yesterday evening and when I didn't find it decided I would contact you if you weren't here today. You sound positive in spite of the apartment/office silliness and disorganization. I'm glad McFamily wasn't exposed to COVID. If you want another cat, then you should definitely get one and not say anything about it. If someone is ever organized enough to realize you have a different cat from the one in the photo, just say, Oh that wasn't a good picture--not a good likeness of the cat at all. I've been feeling migrainy today, eyes tired and sensitive to light and a bit of a headache. I was late in giving myself my migraine shot, which I also did one other time and then it seemed to take a week before my body caught up to the effects of the shot. A very long letter is on the way to you.

Love,
Janie

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a good Eye Doctor report! Hope your infusion goes well on Friday! Can that Company get more unorganized at your apartment? Sounds like they don't even have a boat more or less oars:)

DJan said...

I too hope you are able to get another cat, since I know how much a difference a pet can make in one's outlook on life. Glad to hear your eyes are okay!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you got such good news! You might be able to get one of your doctors to provide you with a paper saying you needed an emotional support animal.

Your residence administration organization needs organizing. Wow!

We're still wearing masks here, but most aren't. It's a bit frustrating to see numbers of infections going up :(

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lots of good news updates here, Rita, especially about your sister, Renee's surgery, and your report from the eye doctor. Good for you for cooking and making dessert too!

Glad the laptop table arrived and that Leah was able to assemble. it looks good with your PC back in operation on it. Hopefully it will hold up for many years, but one never knows these days as it is so true that things are not made as gone as "back then."

I know it must be sad to have packed Annie's things and have them ready to be go out to the garage. TOo bad the cat fostering idea would not work out. Here, residents are allowed to have up to 2 cats at an additional cost of $35/cat. I don't know what the fee is for dogs as only "service dogs" are allowed. There are many people living here who have dogs and they certainly re not physically disabled from when I see them out walking said dogs...perhaps emotional support dogs? Many people tend to bend the rules it seems. Some of these dogs are less than friendly so I never share an elevator ride with anyone who has a dog.

That paperwork fiasco sounds like something that would happen here as well. I know two elderly residents who are in their 90s and told me they received an eviction notice because they were a couple of days late with the rent! While I have no way to know if that is really true, still it was upsetting to hear. That said, I hope all your paperwork is sorted out now.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's great news about your eyes, Rita! What a challenge with the paperwork and the office. Hopefully that is resolved now.