Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday-5:30am


Just a quick "pen" blog.
I did a gathering of my fountain pens...and realized that I did forget one I love called the Carbon Pen. Oh well. In all likelihood I have forgotten a couple more, also. It was a quick gather. :)
From top to bottom: a generic no-name, 2 Rotring Art Pens, a Lamy Calligraphy Pen, a Waterman, a Cross, 2 Lamy Safari pens, another generic, and my sweet Cavalier.
My favorites that I use all the time are that Carbon Pen, the Art Pens, the Lamys, and the Cavalier. I actually use all of those often. :)
****
OH!! And remember I said I had seen this really expensive brand of pen? Well, check out these Loiminchays!
****
http://www.artbrown.com/category_2column_nomenu_va.aspx?category_id=767
http://www.loiminchay.com/html/2006/26-GArabesque.html
http://www.pensinasia.com/loiminchay.htm
****
Whew! I didn't even pay full price for my Waterman! ;)
****
It hit the mid 30s Saturday and I saw people walking around outside with hoodies and sweaters on! Later on today it may hit 40! I wonder if I might see the college-age kids with shorts on outside again like I did last time it got close to 40 degrees? Yes--it does feel like spring to us, but I'll pass on the shorts. ;)
****
This is the second time I have written this entire post. Blogger is not cooperating for some reason. I haven't ever used a draft before, but it hasn't saved anything I added to the original draft (which was just the links to the pens). I am going to try to just leave this sit open here until I can see it has saved before I try to post again. So--I have no idea when I will actually be able to attempt to post this. I was going to say have a nice Sunday, but who knows...could be Monday at this rate. ;) Have a good day whenever you read this. :):)
****
"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the Sunset."
Crowfoot, a leader of the Blackfoot nation
****
Note:
It is now 6:30pm. The blog post never saved and didn't appear on my dashboard (only the original draft was there). I went to sleep and got up and it said it was still saving?! Luckily I had copied the entire Edit Html to be on the safe side. So--I started a brand new post, and here it is--tada! I hope the video still works. That was the first time I was actually working off of a draft and not a new post. I don't think I'll be saving any drafts again any time soon. That was twice I tried to use the original draft. What a pain!
Anyhoo--happy Sunday night! :):)

10 comments:

Toriz said...

Hey, I don't mind cold weather that much, but even I think 40F is a bit cold to be wearing shorts! You know what really makes me laugh though? Those people wearing shorts and jackets. Like they don't care if they have cold legs, as long as their top half is warm. LOL!

Glad you got your post published in the end!

AliceKay said...

The video worked fine. Karma sure was enjoying that bed.

I'm not sure why you were having problems with your drafts. Sounds like a Blogger hiccup to me. I work with drafts all the time and they pretty much work fine for me. (Blogger is tempermental sometimes)

Nice collection of fountain pens. Very colorful, too.

It was in the low 40s here today, and it felt really good to be above freezing for a change.

Barbara said...

That is one very contented cat!
Blogger is usually pretty good but when it has problems it is really frustrating. Glad you saved the post.

Serena Lewis said...

I so jealous of your pens! Great collection, Rita.

Our coldest winter mornings can get down to 42°F/6°C and I've been known to wear my thongs/flip-flops, bare legs and skirts to my knees. lol That said, our days usually warm right up until evening when it gets cold again.

Blogger Draft saved me one time when I accidentally highlighted the whole post and hit the Back button...my hard work disappeared before my eyes. I quickly went into Draft and, luckily, it was still in there so I was able to continue. I tend to Copy and Paste my posts (HTML tab version) into Notepad as I go along now.

Blogger is great although it can be frustrating when it glitches once in a while.

Happy Valentine's Day, Rita!

Love,
Serena xo

Rita said...

Tori--I know! I see people with jackets and shorts. Maybe their legs just don't get as cold as mine do? ;)

AliceKay--Doesn't look like the links worked, tho. :( I wanted people to see the 12-15,000.00 pens!
I know--it sounds like other people use drafts and such. I never have. Maybe my laptop just didn't understand the circuitry involved--hehe! Blogger can be a pistol sometimes.

Barb--She usually is. But then she turns into nasty, hissy cat when people come over and even walk near her. Angel/Devil cat.

Serena--I love the Lamys for sketching, too. My generics don't work very well, but I hand onto them for some reason. ;)
I can't imagine 42 being the coldest it gets in the winter!
Was so frustrating! I am used to the auto save just happening. I wasn't paying attention--went to post and lost everything but the links! ARG!! Blogger just wasn't working right, I guess. I even went out and came back in again and tried the second time--to no avail. Glad I copied the html. :)
When I used to get disconnected from the internet more regularly I used to write my posts on MSWord. Saved me a lot of headaches. But now with the autosave (which usually works) and not getting cut off on the internet very often, I quit doing that. Hope you had a nice VD, too! :)

Toriz said...

Maybe... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love the pens I am so crazy about pens lol

Rita said...

Tori--LOL!

Lynn--Too bad you don't live closer, you could come over and play with pens and ink--and craft stuff, too. ;)

Intense Guy said...

I used to work with a Pen Kleptomaniac who, regardless of the fact that they had hundreds of pens in their desk drawer, would ALWAYS take a handful of pens out of the company supply closet each and everytime they walked by it.

It was hilarious when they got laid off, they unloaded 4 entire desk drawers of pens in to carboard boxes and took 'em all home with them. I assume their second career was re-selling pens....

Anyhoo.... Blogger can be a tempermental S.O.-female dog.

:)

Rita said...

Iggy--That is so strange!! I'm surprised they didn't stop them from taking all those pens home with them? Makes you wonder why? What did those pens represent to them? Now that's a pen fetish, eh? ;)