Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday-2:45pm

Karma's been enjoying the morning sunshine when it decides to greet us.
A few days ago I was taking a picture of this orange sunrise...
...when I noticed all the water sitting in puddles in the field beyond the garages.
It looks pretty much the same right now today because we have had a few days of rain since then.
Water, water everywhere! You can double click on any of my pictures to see them better, of course.
This was a little later in the morning. Wanted to show you how the big dirty snow pile in between the garages was way down to a third the size. I actually have forgotten to look since then.
Anyways, we may have soggy ground, but I am not near the actual flood area. Dagan and Leah are safe, too, in West Fargo. I hope everyone is okay and the dikes hold. The Red is slowly subsiding. All the various roads should be open again soon up in this region. :)
****
I didn't post these, but I think most people should have received them by now.
I made up some very simple thank you cards for my birthday. You all know who you are. ;)
The roofers have been back...kind of. I have seen the big orange lift vehicle take off on different days. A few days ago this white truck was out there and I saw that a couple of men were putting some of the assorted junk and stuff into the back of it. I mistakenly thought they might be done and cleaning up their mess. Nope.
It has been in the upper 40s to lower 60s, so I hung out the philodendron on the porch. Been keeping the bedroom window open at night since it has stayed in the 40s. Ahhh! Love it!
Karma has been lying in the sun now on the porch in the mornings so she can watch the flies on the big porch screen. I decided it was time to put her porch water and food dishes out, too.
****
This was the picture this afternoon of where the roofers still have piles of whatever. They never did clean up their mess and I'm not sure if the big orange machine is still around or not.
I was out of commission since last Friday. I have never had or seen anyone who has had pinkeye. But I believe that is what I was dealing with after checking online...a mild case of pinkeye, according to the photos I saw--awk!! Who knew how annoying one eye could be. Sore, itchy, watery, pink like I had been crying for days, and swollen. It is almost gone now. Just a little sore and itchy yet, but nothing like it was. Whew! First the flu and then pinkeye. I hadn't been sick-sick for the longest time. Oh well. Am feeling lots better now. Things will get back to my normal here soon. :)
****
I did order my kalimba this morning. Oh, and I have been sleeping at night--tada!--so that's good. Was glad I got all my thank you cards in the mail before I got sick again. I have accomplished little since then, but I have caught up on my audio talks, have been doing some reading, journaling, and got a couple letters written. Spent the last two days dealing with my semi-annual paperwork/copies for forbearance on my school loans. Nothing too exciting--except ordering the kalimba--hehe!
****
I have Hereafter and Burlesque coming tomorrow from Netflix. I had the maintenance man come and put in new light bulbs in the kitchen Monday (they didn't work all weekend). Strange because it wasn't that long ago I got new bulbs? I had to cancel on some after work shopping with Leah Monday night because of the pinkeye. Maybe next Monday. Want to go to Tochi's, our favorite natural foods shop, for tamari sauce and jasmine rice and such. What else...? Can you tell my mind is skimming all over the place--LOL!
****
I am still pretty useless. Sunny morning but it turned into a dark day. More rain. I am going to go watch Masterpiece Theater...later folks. I should be feeling more myself next time I write. :):)
****
"The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do."
Galileo Galilei

8 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

OK, I believe that is the first time I've ever seen the bare rooftops of those buildings!!

Deanna said...

Fargo has definitely been in the news lately. Hopefully the water will recede soon and things will go back to normal. Spring is a funny thing this year it seems almost everywhere. It teases and then disappears, only to come back and tease again.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Better weather is bound to help!

Toriz said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Sounds kind of like our weather... Sun, rain, sun... Oh, look, more rain and lots of it... Now sun again....

Hope those roofers actually get the work finished soon!

Rita said...

Nikki--LOLOL! We do have a lot of winter up here. ;)

Deanna--I'm much better. But the warmer weather has backed off again. Like you said...teasing. ;)

Tori--Feeling almost back to normal--thanks! We've had sun and rain and sun, like you. But also the temps bounce back down to below freezing, too. Spring will arrive...eventually. :)

AliceKay said...

Yes, Fargo is in the news a lot lately. The flooding looks terrible. The TV showed several highways under water this morning. I'm glad to know you and the kids aren't near the flooded areas.

Cute thank you notes.

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I remember pinkeye. My kids got it when they were in grade school, and it's not fun at all.

I bought Burlesque when it came out, and Terri and I watched it a few weeks ago. I thought it was a great movie. I'm a big Cher fan, by the way. (just ask anyone who used to come to my earlier streams in the chat room and they will tell you...lol)

Can't wait to hear you playing your kalimba. :)

Rita said...

AliceKay--It's pretty bad up here. Roads are underwater or washed away that have never been affected before. It's hard on so many people that you feel guilty that you are able to stay home, safe & dry, and aren't physically able to help sandbag or even patrol. Well, a lot of people can't help..but still.

I had heard of pinkeye, but was totally surprised at how much it hurt and drove you crazy. LOL!

I like Cher, too. Always have. I remember listening to my transistor radio in my fort in the garage rafters to "I Got You Babe" writing my heart out to sort things out and keep sane--LOL! (Then I ripped the pages all up into tiny pieces and threw them in the burn barrel.) And later on they had The Sonny and Cher Show and Cher was all glamorous! Gone were the hippy/caveman clothes--hehe! :):)

Intense Guy said...

I hope you are feeling better soonest!

:) I've seen one of those delightful thank you cards somewhere... Oh yes! In my house!

It's a treat getting a card from you! And you used one of those "funny named" colored inks too!

:)

Rita said...

Iggy--Lots better. Actually slept well last night, too, finally (Friday). :)

Glad you liked it. Yes, you're right. I used North African Violet--hehe! ;)