Saturday, September 07, 2013

Saturday-8:15am

It's a wispy morning.
Well, thought I'd tell you what happened yesterday.  I drove over to the clinic, was early so I wandered about the mall for a while, perused the pet shop, waited in line for ten minutes (by this time my sciatica leg was going numb), only to be told that my appointment is on Monday.  What?  I told the girl that I wrote it down as I was told and the person even said the word Friday and I repeated it back to her...and then she even called me back to change the time from 1:20 to 1:50pm a few minutes later.  This young girl checked on the computer to find out if it was a service they use or in-house.  I could tell she fully expected it to be the service--but a flicker of surprise and then resignation flashed across her face.  There was an apparently involuntary minuscule head-nod and eye-swing to her right as she said, "I know who it was" she said evenly--hoping I would think she meant the service.  I did not look over to find the culprit.  This nice young girl was determined to be professional and I didn't want to let on that her body had betrayed her.  She apologized profusely.  I have to do this all over again on Monday.
****
Not for just a blood pressure check, either.  
I saw they have me down for a full physical.  
Not surprised.
****
It was so hot and sticky!
So glad the Gallant has AC!!
And so glad I will still have the car on Monday.
****
No modem arrived on the 3rd or 4th from the new internet service.
****
I tried to call them on the 4th (when the girl had told me I'd be hooked up).  Spent a long time on hold to finally get a human being.  She told me I had to talk to a different department and transferred me...to be on hold again for a long time.  I finally got a mechanical voice and was following directions and pushing buttons...but when he told me to enter the zip code of my work order (where did she send me?) I entered my zip code and was told it was not a valid number.  Three times I entered my zip code...and then he politely said he didn't understand and told me good-bye.
****
I still have no modem.
Still using my regular internet service.
****
I will have to do phone battle with them again soon.  (Dagan and Leah won't be back for over a week so Dagan can't hook it up anyways--but I want the modem here by the time he comes.)  I only have 30 days to reject their service or I'm on a one year contract--so I don't think my 30 days should start until I have the modem and have it hooked up.  *sigh*  Always something, right?
****
Anyways, I got out black pens and white pens--a couple I hadn't used before and found they behaved quite erratically--LOL!  Added some 3D dots here and there...and called it a day on the Wild Winds workshop.
Karma.
She has not once gone up on the new chair since it arrived.  She jumped up a couple times, stood there a moment, and jumped off.  Since Karma never uses it, I used it to lay down my old heating pad and one of those grain filled bags you heat in the microwave (feels good on my lower back when it's cranky).  Guess who was up there for the very first time--lol!
If I leave them there, she goes up there to snooze once in a while. 
 I find this highly amusing.
Maybe once the red chair cover arrives she'll accept the new chair.  You know, since she prefers the lumpiness of the heating pad with the cord underneath it to the chair surface--maybe she'll like it better when it's covered?  Who knows.  Oh, and the seat is really too small to hold her cat bed without it looking like the whole thing would fall off if she got comfortable.  (You know what a sprawler she is.)
****
Notice anything new?  One thing came from Amazon...  
...a skinny red wastebasket.   
I wanted something where I can toss all the used-wet-messy paper towels and baby wipes because I want to save most of them for future mixed media art projects.  :)
****
Speaking of baby wipes (and gelatos)...I started another 21 Secrets workshop called "Unearthing".  Has to do with dreams...preferably your more magical, wonderful, pleasant ones.  I'll fill you in as I work on the collage part. 
I'm soooo far behind online...like a whole week!  I hope to catch up this weekend.  Seems like I am always catching up on weekends these days.  I may have to read and not take the time to comment sometimes on blogs--sorry.  Limited good time--certainly not disinterest.  :) :)  When I am doing more art and other things I just have less computer time.  Just the way it goes, right?  
****
As my Amazon stuff for this month comes I'll show you what I ordered.  Yup--ordered the red chair cover.  I pray it fits or can be adapted somehow.  This is a really small chair.  I may have to pin it or tack it on--LOL!  I also ordered something special on sale (to me, anyways) from Cheap Joe's Art Supply!
****
Anyways, have a super weekend!
Hug somebody--virtually or in the flesh--LOL!
****
"They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything."
Bill Keane

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sorry about the dr. office mess-up! sheesh!

Zue said...

Very snazzy waste bin!
Shame you have to do it all again, how frustrating. It was their fault; I got that right!
Pity they could not have just fitted you in out of respect!
Have a good weekend!
Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

I have always been--& will always be a hugger!!

Beth said...

That is disgusting about the doctor visit mixup. I hope things go well on Monday.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm glad you have the car. It's a shame the appointment got mixed up. I know what you have to go through to leave the house. I get so tired of calling businesses and not getting to speak to a person. One time I was on hold for about 40 minutes and then got disconnected!

Love,
Janie

Hilary said...

It's so frustrating when appointment times get messed up and things don't arrive when they should. I hope all gets sorted out soon.

Furry Bottoms said...

That modem place sounds funky. They probably want to put you off for 30 days until they can help you. No fair. So I hope you can get it straightened out fast! I was surprised with my modem-- I plugged it in and it did all the work for me and tada I was set. Passsord and user were on a label on the bottom, so I entered those and got in without a problem.

The drs office, sheesh,-- did you see anything interesting in the pet store? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the driving went well. Like the "pop" of the new trashcan.

AliceKay said...

Sorry your appointment was mixed up. I hate when that happens. :(

Don't you just love automated phone calls that leave you wanting to pull out your hair? I've had a few of those lately. As I scream into the phone...Please just give me a real person!!! I was told once that my zip code was invalid. And I'm like...that's odd. Why does the U.S. Postal Service deliver my mail using that zip code?

I've been battling with insurance companies, doctor's offices, and pharmacies trying to get a prescription approved for Terri. It took three months, but it was finally approved this week. Talk about frustration. :\

Loved that last pic of Karma. LOL

Loved that quote, too. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm running behind, too, and I still haven't started my hiatus. What a mess.

I had a similar experience recently with my phone/internet service. I spent over an hour on the phone just getting to the right person, whose English was not his first language. When I hung up, I noticed I had spent 1 hour and 53 minutes on the phone. Glad I wasn't paying for the call!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Bummer about the screw-up at the doctor's office. It sounds like you were very gracious and understanding about it, though. (Good for you.)

Your cat cracks me up.

ChicagoLady said...

The spelling nerd in me has to ask. Dagan's car that you're driving, it's a Mitsubishi Galant right? That means it has one "l", not two. Just sayin'.....

Amanda Trought said...

So great to see you creating again. Liking your work space looks light and airy. Blessings for the week, Amanda

Jenny Woolf said...

Those artificial voices drive me nuts. If i have a choice, I don't buy from a firm which uses them. I feel I deserve a real person, you know? :D

Queenie Jeannie said...

First of all....here's your {{{HUG}}}!

Internet "services" are like most other service providers, they only provide headaches!!! It's expensive over here, but I've never had problems like we've endured in the States! So at least you get what you pay for. Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

I've been horrible about commenting, so I'm not likely to complain about others! I also haven't been crafting either, so I will admire your efforts and mojo!! Keep going!

Karma - she's really something! Hopefully you will BOTH like your new chair cover!!

Have a great week, and I hope the doctor's appointment goes better than you think!

Darla said...

Sorry to hear there was a mix up on your appointment but it is now Monday so I hope you will be going and that everything will be fine.

Robot phone messages are miserable.

Darla

Intense Guy said...

Ugh.

I am beginning to think that "Service" in America is synonymous with "Incompetence". Both the ISP and the Doctor's office...double ugh!

I hope the physical went well today. Hugs.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you made it to the appointment today and all is well! What a bunch of nincompoops. Customer Service is dead:(

Dee said...

Dear Rita, how frustrating and annoying also to go for an appointment--make a special effort to do so--and find out that someone's made a mistake. I bet you were exhausted when you got home.

Like you, I've been busy with working on a query letter to try and find representation for my writing. As someone said long ago--writing the query letter takes more effort than writing the novel! There are whole books on writing query letters that will hook the immediate interest of the agent. I think I have mine ready now and so the next thing is to go on line and look at the web sites of agents to discover which ones to query. Good luck with all your creative efforts. Peace.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

cool table with the waste basket. Seems like someone would have come up with that a long time ago!