Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday-5am

Quick FYI
You'll never believe what happened!  I was sore enough yesterday, as you may recall.  Well, I completely filled up this big PUR water container in my frig...went to put it back...and...you guessed it.  Murphy's Law.  It slipped out of my weak hand and crashed to the floor...
...bouncing against the bottom shelves...landing upright, but leaving behind a tidal wave of water.  (I had filled that whole top blue part and it was completely empty.)  There was about half an inch of water in the bottom crispers, a quarter inch in the top one, the shelves & bottom of the frig were standing in water, and even the bottom door shelf was splattered.  [This picture was taken later so you could imagine the scene--no time for photos.  If I had stopped moving I would have become totally overwhelmed.]
I stood there.
Surveying the damage.
Knowing the stooping and bending ahead of me...I almost cried.
But there was little point in that.
I shut the frig door and went to get some towels. 
I needed to take a bite out of this job quickly...and start planning how to break it up into short time sessions...before it got the better of me, you know.  
The water wasn't going anywhere.  
It would wait for me.
****
So.
I unexpectedly cleaned over half my frig yesterday--LOL!
Here's my drying potatoes...
...and onions (had to peel the soggy onions skins off). 
More purging was done, though--LOL!
****
I am soooo glad that Caroline is coming back tomorrow!  (We decided on her coming two weeks in a row so we could get back to the regular schedule.)  Maybe she could see if there's a tray to pull out under the frig.  I couldn't get down and under there myself.  And I have my little green cart filled with three purging trash bags that would be awfully heavy for me to lift up into the dumpster right now.  [In fact, just walking to the dumpster sounds like a challenge at this moment.  I never even got the mail from Saturday yet.]  There are always blessings.  Caroline has never come over two weeks in a row.  Perfect timing!  :)
****
But--this is it for me today...and for the immediate future.  I'll be away from blogland for a few more days.  I'll have to catch up when I am more functional.  I didn't sleep much at all last night.  I shall hobble through the day and take it very, very easy...maybe even take a nap.  I promise.  
Be back in a few days.  :)
****
See yesterday's quote--LOL!  
Even more appropriate today.  ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself.

DJan said...

Darn! Just when things were going so well, Rita. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. See you when you get back. Glad Caroline is coming by, too. :-)

Shelly said...

Please take care of yourself! We'll all be here when you get back. Curl up with Miss Karma and get well~

Dana said...

I've missed you, Rita! I hope all is well. :)

Intense Guy said...

Oh no!!! :(

It is always something - Murphy's Law in action it seems.

I hope you can recover quickly (and be without pain soonest)

Carol said...

O hope your Monday goes much better than your Sunday does. I can so relate to those crazy accidents when our hands just sudden let go of everything. I've dumped more food on the floor than I want to think about. Rest up my friend and join us when you can ♥

Dee said...

Dear Rita, I'm so sorry to learn about what happened--to the water container and to you. But I'm relieved too at your attitude and at your being able to let go of that inner voice that say, "Do this NOW!" As you say,there's no reason to do anything until Caroline comes. And two minds are generally better than one.

The Chippewa quotation fits exactly and reminds me of that other story about the person complaining that on the sand there is only one trail of footsteps when all along the person thought that God was walking with him/her. And God says, "For that part of the journey, I carried you." Peace.

Darla said...

Darn it! I guess the up side is that it was water and not something sticky. I'm way behind reading blogs, will go back and see what else you have been doing.

Darla

Anonymous said...

Just because you have a persecution complex doesn't mean you aren't REALLY being persecuted!!

Beth said...

Rita, I am so sorry that happened to you. I hate it when I drop anything. I have a bad back and when I get down I sometimes need help getting back up. HUGS!!

Janie Junebug said...

I am so very sorry for you. I once dropped a glass shelf from my refrigerator that I was cleaning. It shattered! Worthless! Absolutely worthless! Such a mess of glass. Favorite Young Man happened to be available. He came over to help. He is not worthless.

Love,
Janie

AliceKay said...

I hope you didn't overdo with cleaning up the water and mess it made. And I hope Caroline was able to clean the rest up for you today.

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, it never rains but it pours. I am so sorry about this Rita but looks as if you have made a fantastic start on clearing up. Even with your physical problems you keep your place better organised and tidier than mine!
It is so trying not getting enough sleep and so you take care of that and we will wait for your next posts.

Anonymous said...

Be careful and rest!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well that is one way to clean your fridge:(