Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday-8:30pm

Quiet night up here in Fargo. :)
My days and nights are flipped at the moment. I just got up a little bit ago--so it feels like it should be Sunday--hehe!
Continuing on with my catch-up...
This is the order I got from Impressions. They even send a pretty Thank You card with the order. :)
Trying something new--flower stamens and I thought I'd also try the yellow pearls for flower centers, too. The needle tool is for--you guessed it--poking holes. I've seen that used a lot lately in online demos for a faux stitched look or just a design element.
Some more small packs of pretty papers...

...and I had been so impressed with the quality of the "Pound of Paper" that I got another one.
I'd always wanted to try their cardstock--so I got their cream colored set of cards and envelopes. They are very thin but, since these are the main sets they sell, I'll reserve judgment until we have tried them in actual use. You don't know how well they work until you use glue and such on them--hehe! I do love the rounded envelope flaps.
I had taken this shot of dried aquarium plant a while back (for you, Iggy--hehe!). This is what I added to that handmade paper that I like so much--hehe! (Bookcard cover in our Etsy shop.) I've got this plant that keeps growing and takes over the top of the tank. I think I'll back off on the trimming for a while, tho. The plant looks like it got a bit shocky last trim. I'll let it get really good and overgrown before I trim it next time. We already have a small stockpile.
Goes to show you--I'll try almost anything in paper pulp--ROFL!
May be 2-3 weeks before Leah and I get back to making paper. She starts her new job on Monday. She has a couple weeks of training first. Not sure if we'll be getting together for crafts this coming week or not--playing it by ear. Might work on making cards. We'll see if she feels up to it. :)
Meanwhile--I've been reading--cleaning up around the computer desk and my chair--catching up online (most of my good hours)--getting used to tracking my food again on SparkPeople--and just puttering about. Oh, and watching TV and movies, of course.
I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine:
This action-packed prequel to the popular X-Men films explores Marvel Comics character Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) past and the events that influenced the mutant before the Weapon X program bonded his skeleton with the powerfully strong metal alloy adamantium. After the death of his girlfriend, Wolverine seeks vengeance against supervillain Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber). Ryan Reynolds, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins co-star.
I'm kind of new to X-Men and maybe I am glad I saw this one that explains how things started. I want to order the other ones now. I know I saw one of them once, but felt like I had come in the middle of the story, you know? I'll watch them in order now. I really liked this one about Wolverine and how things began with the mutants! :):)
For a while tho--I am going in a completely different Netflix direction. Nature shows! Another great love of mine. Going to be watching a lot of bugs and crawly creatures, I think--hehe! Life In The Undergrowth and Life In Cold Blood should have arrived while I was sleeping the day away. :)
Meanwhile--Miss Karma is currently sleeping the evening away--hehe! She's actually just waiting for me to be done at the computer. Then she'll wake up and ask for treats.
Does that mean I am back in my predictable routine? I guess so. Our routine gets thrown off when I am offline--hehe!
Treat time!

4 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

When you think about it, an aquarium plant is just like any other plant so it makes sense that you would think about drying it for use in homemade paper though, admittedly, a lot of people wouldn't think outside the box like that. :)

You have a serious paper addiction, girl! lol

I hope Leah enjoys the new job.

I love nature documentaries too though I'm not into the kind where animals kill other animals....I know it's all part of the food chain etc. but it's hard to watch.

Intense Guy said...

I hope Leah enjoys her new job a whole bunch! ...and I hope she has energy enough to pop in on you know and then to make some paper. I'll have to look into Etsy and see those bookmarks!

Rita said...

Serena--yes! I have had a serious paper addiction since I was a toddler--starting with crayons! I started journaling when I was about 9 or 10--so it quickly moved into a pen addiction--even fountain pens and dip pens, too! Crazy about pretty journals and stationery. Yup! Addicted!

I've gotten used to watching the violence of the circle of life. Have owned too many cats in my life that brought me gifts of mice or birds. I always hope the prey will escape, tho, when I am watching. And sometimes they do. :)

Rita said...

Iggy!
I hope Leah enjoys the new job, too. Sounds like she might be over on Wednesday with Dagan for dinner and some card making. If she and Dagan come over--they will be blowing bubbles for you know who--ROFL!

Leah didn't add anything this last week with Dagan home and so sore. They took the week off--from everything. Said she'll get back to posting this week now again. I think she might find herself quite tired after not working for 8 months, so I won't be surprised if she passes on Wednesday. She'll get back in the swing of things pretty quickly, tho. She's so happy to be working again! :):)