Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesday-6:00pm

I don't know if you can see it well on the TV.
(Can click to enlarge on any of these photos, BTW.)
This is a shot of Mickey's Diner in Saint Paul!
I was watching Prairie Home Companion last night and tried to grab a shot of Mickey's for all my friends and family in the Twin Cities!
From director Robert Altman comes this quirky piece of fiction based on the real-life radio program of the same name, with a wry screenplay penned by the show's host, Garrison Keillor. Supported by a high-powered cast that includes Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin, Lindsay Lohan, John C. Reilly, Tommy Lee Jones and Kevin Kline, Keillor also stars in this behind-the-scenes look at the mayhem surrounding the folksy program's final broadcast.
For all the lovers of the radio program, this was a great movie. Even if it wasn't the real program and there were movie stars in it and a wandering lady angel--the music and the jokes were wonderful! I was greatly disappointed that the movie didn't include one of his wonderful, hysterically funny monolgue stories!
That is my very favorite part of his show! :(
I did watch the specials on the DVD and Garrison had control of a lot and much input. Besides the actors, the rest of the people were actually from the Prairie Home Companion program and they run like a well-oiled machine! Anyways, the movie starts and ends at Mickey's Diner! Cool! Wasn't that moved a few years back?
Anybody from Minneapolis know?
I also watched a silly movie--RV with Robin Williams.
Climbing aboard their mammoth RV for a cross-country road trip to the Colorado Rockies, the McNeive family -- led by dysfunctional patriarch Bob (Robin Williams) -- prepares for the adventure of a lifetime. But spending two weeks together in one seriously small space has a way of cramping their style. Jeff Daniels and Tony Award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth co-star in director Barry Sonnenfeld's raucous vacation comedy.
Just what I expected it to be. I watched that first--after the many gritty hours of subtitles this weekend I needed something really light. It was.
It is dark here and not one trick or treater. I have only had a little group of three the first year I moved up here in 1999 at my old apartment in Moorhead, Minnesota. None since I moved to Fargo, either. Every year I say I will not buy candy again--but every year I do. I'd just hate to tell little kids at my door that I have no candy. But, year after year, they never arrive with their giggles, high voices, outstretched arms, and plastic pumpkins or pillowcases. Then guess who ends up eating it! *sigh*
If I am going to be really good about my new SparkPeople program, I should just bring the rest over to Dagan and Leah's for the Shaklee meeting tomorrow night, right? I think I will do that. If it is not here I can't eat it. One advantage to my only ordering food once a month. Silver lining I don't always appreciate, that's for sure. I don't have a lot each month to spend, either, so by the time I am ordering I am hungry for something fresh, variety, and comfort foods! Well, for everything! CashWise delivery day is exciting for more than just the noise of piles of plastic bags for Karma and Miss Gracie! :)
I do save the bags for recycling and give them back to the delivery person each month, BTW. Leah found that out, of course. She is so good about recycling! When I had a car, I used to donate them to thrift shops.
Well, I hope everybody has a nice Halloween and the kids aren't too cold here in the Midwest! It is 28 degrees as I am writing this. A snowsuit Halloween for the little ones up here, but the 3-5 inches of snow last night did miss us--was west and north of Fargo.
Have a good night!


No comments: