Monday, January 28, 2008


Latest pictures of Dagan and Leah's house! They have been busy picking out cabinets and such. Really beginning to look more like a house every day. :)

Dagan and Leah were over on Sunday--before and after their meeting at Home Depot for cabinets. Dagan started to erase the brains off my desktop. Leah changed the belt on my Oreck. I was finally feeling better and was washing clothes.
Karma enjoys being made into the bed sometimes. She slept tucked into the bed like that for a couple of hours.

I've been on irregular hours again. Was up in the middle of the night last night trying out the Cuisinart--finally! Made bread.

I shouldn't do things like that when I am tired--hehe! I didn't let them raise enough.
Still tasted so good! I'll know more what I am doing next time. It said--while the machine was running, "add liquid through small fed tube as fast as the flour will absorb it." Well, I poured too fast and ended up with a wet mass in the center and nothing happening. Had to stop and scrape it down. I don't think it blended quite right, so I kneaded it well at punch down time. I'll know to go slower next time adding the liquid--chuckle! It was really quick to put together, tho! And the new version with the "dough" button was great! It doesn't bounce around on the counter like the first model from 32 years ago. :) Quieter motor, too! I LOVE IT!! About time I got to playing a little, eh? Bummer being sick.
I am feeling much better, obviously. Overdid it yesterday, tho, so have been a hobbling zombie today--hehe! Dagan was here over his lunch hour and after work. I am still typing on the laptop. The desktop computer is still downloading something for a few hours. Then I should be pretty much back in business. Dagan will be back to tweak and add a couple more programs on to the desktop later on and he's going to do some re-programming to the laptop, also, eventually. I am so grateful to have Dagan and Leah to help me out! What would I do without them?! Leah is going to install the program that is downloading now onto the desktop this Wednesday when she comes over. They're tag-teaming me--hehe! :)
They brought me a wireless keyboard I am excited to try out when the computer is ready. So when Miss Karma wants to come butting up under the screen to watch--I can let her. Can move the keyboard over to the other side of the desk and it's supposed to work from there, too? Cool! I am so glad they have so many computer parts lying around!!
Crazy weather up here in the MidWest. We are supposed to drop around 60 degrees. Was around 40 degrees today and we are supposed to drop to about 20 degrees below zero--with 50 miles per hour winds!! An inch or two of snow, too. So that means--little or no visibility and warnings are out for the wind chill factor. Cover exposed skin--we are headed back to the deep freeze. That is why Dagan isn't coming back tomorrow to work on the computer when Leah can install the program on Wednesday when she comes over for crafts. (I think it is my Office or Windows or something? I am supposed to be able to use the Internet again when it is done!)
So, things should be back to normal again around here. Knock on wood!! I am feeling better and the desktop should be up, online, and running well again by tomorrow! TaDa!! I think this is the longest stretch I haven't blogged between those two hinderances? :) I should be back tomorrow again. Later!


Jenifleur-de-lis said...

Yum! That bread looks tasty! Glad you are feeling better :)

Rita said...

Thanks Jennifer! Glad to see you have a blog now! :)