Thursday, June 15, 2006

Weds night-1:30am

Finally feeling better today and made it to the chiropractor's. Still feeling a little weak and shakey like you do after having the flu, but definitely on the mend. Didn't feel up to our first night of painting, tho. My son, Dagan, his wife, Leah, our friend, Jennifer, and I plan to start meeingt on Wednesday nights to try our hands at learning to paint with acrylics--and then work up to oils. We haven't decided how often to meet, either. They decided to wait until I can come next week--hurray! I am really looking forward to this. I have been attempting to learn how to paint with watercolors for the past few years, so this will be an entirely different skill to learn. We got table easels and some additional acrylic paints. I had a lot of the other supplies (acrylics and oils) and we moved all that over to Dagan and Leah's apartment last month (didn't want to paint at my aprtment because the of paint fumes-especially oils-and my cockatiel). I am not sure what I want to attempt first? Now I guess I have a little more time to decide. Probably a landscape with flowers or flowers. Sounds rather unexciting, I suppose, but I do love flowers.

I have been going to a chiropractor, Dr. John, for about 7 weeks or so. It is the first time I have seen physical improvement since I began my slow physical decline in 1993! Which gave me the incentive to finally change my eating habits. I had been gradually doing a change to a healthier diet, but I never thought about eliminating (or nearly so) wheat and dairy, and I had never made such a full-fledge effort! The eliminating wheat and dairy was what Dr. John suggested, and I have read that it helps some people with fibromyalgia, so I am going for it. I order groceries online and get food delivered once a month, so it will take me a couple of months to be completely switched over--but I am actually 80% or more switched over already in June. I gave away a lot of the food--and was amazed at how much food actually has wheat in it! I am learning how to do wok, macrobiotic, and just generally healthier cooking.

I am also trying to stay away from food with chemicals and gradually eliminating those foods also. I weaned off my pain and sleep meds in May and started free of those in June, too. So, some days are rough, but on the whole there is a gradual improvement! My back is better, so I can sit at the computer, or stand to chop veggies, or hunch over crafts, or sit and paint more in a day! Instead of about three 45-60 minute sessions a day (I have to set a timer and take long breaks), I can usually do an hour at a time now and am up to 4-5 sessions a day--without paying dearly for it the next day!! Doesn't sound like much, but it means the world to me. Talk about incentive! :)

Anyways, it was a beautiful day. I tried a new recipe for rice with fresh chopped spinach-Jade Rice. Was good just by itself. Tomorrow am making a chicken stir fry to put on top of it. After all my sleeping round the clock, I still ended up on my night hours when all was said and done. I'll have to set the alarm to be sure I'm up tomorrow and have my prep work done. Dagan is coming for lunch and then he'll look at some things on my computer. (For example, it can't seem to recognize when a CD is in it anymore?) He works close by and he's my trusty techie-hehe! God bless him! So, it is off to read before bed. :)



No comments: