Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday-7:30am

Love animals. Love nature. Love wolves. Am reading a book I borrowed from Duane now. Such a relief after SK's Dark Tower! :)

Caroline called and cancelled yesterday. She was with a client (many are much worse off than I am) and he had gotten sick and she couldn't leave him and couldn't find anybody to come over there to take her place. She sounded a little nervous. Lot of responsibility for a young girl. She will come next Tuesday or possibly yet this week. She didn't have her schedule with her. She'll call--or if I don't hear from her, it will be next Tuesday.

I made four sheets of paper yesterday. This time I used white card stock and typing paper with some used Lama Li watercolor paper rejects--no cotton linter and no additives. Turned out fluffy, fat, and pale pastel colors. Taking a long time to dry. I like them--going to be thicker like a book cover. :) Today I am thinking of trying to blend in flower petals that Leah collected when she worked at Baker Nursery. She'd take the dying flowers and bring me bags of them pull the petals off and dry. We had no idea what we were going to do with them. Now that we have started to make paper...might work? I'll try them. Also want to try using some printed paper napkins to see how they work--color-wise and texture-wise? It is fun to experiment! :)

Dagan stopped by briefly after work to pick up the things in the wall pocket for them. He is going to come over for lunch today. :) I'm glad. I have missed not seeing him and Leah more often. I was used to seeing them every week or two--(not counting the dropping things off or picking things up quick visits.) It will be nice to be able to catch up a little. :)

I called the office yesterday about the dryer. It still takes about two hours to dry a load of clothes that used to take an hour or less. So, they will be coming by whenever they get to me on the fix-it list--hehe! Times like this--I am sure glad I rent the washer and dryer. They are only about 3-4 years old. Just don't make appliances like they used to. Or electronics, either, for that matter.

Less sore today than yesterday, so four sheets is working out okay so far--tada!! I'll stick to that. :) Today, then, I will see about setting up for painting, too. I was being cautious yesterday and decided to wait and see how I felt today. Pretty good, actually Not too bad--been up since 5:30am and have worked out the worst of the morning pain. It's going to be a good day today. :)

No comments: