Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday-10:30am

I had to shut the buckets with the fish and the plants in the bathroom while I slept yesterday. Guess who slept in the hallway--hehe!
This is the Python that hooks up to the sink. What a fantastic invention!!
You can suck the water out of the tank (and the crud) and fill it up again without carrying buckets!
Since I emptied the tank of plants and fish I could raise and lower the water several times and get every inch of the gravel cleaned for the first time in over two years. This was during a break--you can see I had made it over 2/3rds of the way across the tank by looking at the gravel--hehe!
And here it is mostly filled and put back together. Room left for the large plants that are in the bucket with the fish in the bathroom. (I trimmed the long plants that float across the top of the tank--hope they don't go into shock now?) Bubbles all over the sides of the tank. Pump running and I hope the heater is working.
I never had a submersible heater until I bought this new style of tank that has the pump and filter in the hood. No place to hang a back heater. So--being unfamiliar with the submersibles--I hope that if I didn't touch anything it will just do its job and warm the tank up. ??
What a job! Now--just wait for a good while until the temp is right. Then I can add the last of the plants and the fish--and just fill it up the rest of the way. TaDa!!
As for me--I am ready to take a shower and relax for a while and go to bed. (Have been up since 10:30pm last night.) I think Karma will crash, too, after all this excitement--hehe!
Whew! That's it from Fargo for today. :)

No comments: