Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thursday-10:30am

Was a lounging, listening-to-the-wind day.
Karma may like the heat, but she doesn't like loud noise--at all.
So she stayed inside yesterday.
I worked on balancing the checkbook, writing out bills, and figuring out the budget for July. Today I will tweak and tweak the grocery order. Because of the holiday I might have my check early this month and be able to order early. :)
****
A nose piece on my brand new glasses is coming apart. I was going to try to take a picture, but my battery went dead on the camera. So--today or tomorrow I hope to make it over to Pearle Vision to get it replaced. Having something fall apart already does not bode well, does it. It's not like I am rough with my glasses. I'll try to remember to get a picture before it's replaced. I was really shocked, to be honest. You just don't expect to have problems with new glasses when they're only a couple months old.
****
Another windy, hot, sticky day in the 90s. This is supposed to keep up for a few days, so we've been closed up with the AC & fans saying cool. The wind isn't as loud today for us, but it is still really windy--just not in the same direction as it was yesterday. So it is quieter here today. Maybe Karma will want to brave the porch today? Me--may just peruse more magazines--didn't get to much yesterday. Where did the day go? :):)
****
"Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts."
Lucy Maud Montgomery
(Anne of Green Gables)

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I think someone needs Vol. 2 of Karma Frolics Picture Album/Book made up...

:) These three pictures are really good.

AliceKay said...

I don't blame Karma. I don't like loud noises either, especially if it comes from the wind.

Sorry to hear your new glasses are coming to pieces already. They sure don't make things like they used to. I hope you can get it replaced with very little trouble.

I hope you had a nice day today. It was a bit breezy here. Temps were in the low 70s, but there was a stiff north wind. It was 42 here this morning around 7:00.

I liked the quote. You're choosing some very nice ones for your blogs. :)

Serena Lewis said...

That's no good at all about your new glasses coming apart. Are you referring to the little plastic parts that rest on the side of the nose? Or the piece that sits across the nose and connects the two eye-glasses together?

I finished True Blood Season Two last night....will respond to your email re. my thoughts later today.

I hate the winds too...I'd much prefer to stay indoors when our Westerly winds hit...usually August/September.

Rita said...

Iggy--Does it count as frolicking if she's flat on the floor--ROFL!!

AliceKay--I think I got a picture for the blog tomorrow. Camera didn't want to focus on clear plastic and wanted to focus on the copper frame--hehe! It is so awful up here--hot and sticky--I am going to wait for the weather to break. Tried to glue the piece together so it will be okay for a few days. Thanks--glad you like the quotes. I have only saved the ones I like. :)

Serena--It's one of the little plastic pieces that side on the side of your nose. I'm going to wait. PitaPaseo has no AC and it is like walking into a heat wall right now for a few days. They have warnings out--especially for people with health issues. Yuck! I hope the glue holds--hehe! I'll be waiting for your email! ;) I know you have trouble with the wind and your asthma. I hope it's not as bad for you this year. :)

Toriz said...

That's not good about the glasses!

Kero hates loud noises too. He either barks at them or hides from them. Personally, I prefer when he hides... Gives me less of a headache. ;)

Rita said...

Toriz--I'm really, really glad Karma can't bark! ROFL!! :):)

Anonymous said...

Ugh I feel ya on the heat, luckily we have been a little cooler here but next week were going back up to the upper 90s again, stay cool :o)

Rita said...

Lynn--Boy! It hasn't stayed cool outside. Even the weatherman said it was like walking into soup. But Karma and I have been inside and cool. Any lounging around in the heat Karma does is voluntary--hehe! ;)