Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday-5:15pm

We got 1.8 inches of snow--just said that on the weather report. Just enough for the plow to come thru tonight and push the thinish layer of snow around out there. I bet he was sooo happy to see the white stuff coming down! They suffer financially when there's no snow. I took this photo before he got here. (And you can see what chaos I have on my table when I am deep into crafting! hehe!) Here's a shot from the porch. Actually is pretty much white on the field out there!! Felt more like Christmas today than it did on Christmas Day!
I finished "The Thorn Birds". I ordered it from Netflix, but am going to wait a while. I'm all caught up in "Six Feet Under" right now. I did watch "The Break Up"--(why she even wanted the awful guy character in the movie I could not figure out for the life of me!) I really had to look to recognize Peter Billingsly! All grown up and hairier--hehe! He played a nice husband and had very few lines at all.
Anyways, Dagan and Leah headed for Canada today. I hope they had good roads? West of us here the roads are terrible and icy, I guess.

I have been busy making birthday cards for 2007! Well, trying to figure out what to make this year that I have enough supplies for--because this year I am thinking of mass producing the birthday cards for the whole year. I have done that a couple of times. Been having fun experimenting, of course. :)

I've been playing with the Melting Pot, too. Works like a charm with moulds! Now I am experimenting with what I already own to see what I can use to paint, highlight, or color on that plasticy stuff? I know they make special little paint kits that work on almost anything--glass, wood, plastic, clay--so I know what I want to order in January. :) But, just wondering what else I can also use--if anything--from my assortment of playthings??

Finally white in Fargo! Later.....

No comments: