Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas-5:45am

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I let Karma check out the packages from Dagan and Leah for a while. :)
Since I have been on such crazy hours (slept from 3pm till 10:15pm yesterday)--I opened presents from Dagan and Leah in the afternoon before I went to bed. Christmas Eve night was the traditional time for opening presents in my family.
What a shock! Pearl earrings! Real pearls!! I'll be afraid to wear them! Wow! I could have never guessed that one--never! I am speechless! Thanks you guys! You two are the genuine pearls in my life. :):)

I had already guessed correctly on the other two packages--candles! They know I love vanilla scented candles. These smell wonderful! Got one going right now. :)

I peeled off the labels on one of the candles and stuck them on Karma, of course!

That kept her busy for a while--ROFL!!


She finally got them off of her back. She's so funny! Then she does some victory pouncing and smacking like she killed those nasty stickers.

Karma played with all the wrapping paper...

...and I decorated her--hehe!

The bows really put a quarter in her--hehe! She raced about the apartment--up and down chairs--around and about--until she was all worn out and I took the above picture--and then relieved her of her bows. (Which she smacked around, of course, when she regained her energy.)
Since I got up last night I had been watching X Files--all night. Not exactly Christmas fare, eh? But now on Christmas morning--here before the dawn--I have gotten out the Christmas DVDs: It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, and Polar Express. I have Polar Express on right now. Working my way up to my all-time favorite--It's A Wonderful Life. Every time Jimmy stands on that bridge and cries "I want to live!" I tear up and need to blow my nose. (That's practically an emotional breakdown for a Swede, ya know--hehe!)
I get daily emails from www.gratefulness.org and a couple of days ago came:

"A sacred illness is one that educates us and alters us from the inside out, provides experiences and therefore knowledge that we could not possibly achieve in any other way."
Deena Metzger
I have thought about that ever since. It was like a Christmas blessing sent to me.
I have a sacred illness. I really do. :):)
Karma and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve. Hope you all did, too!
Blessings!!

2 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

A very Merry Christmas to YOU, Rita! I love vanilla scented candles too. Lovely pearl earrings. Karma looks like she's having a wonderful Christmas too!

It's Boxing Day here now...the 26th. It's funny that all the excitement builds up til Christmas Day and then, it's all over in a flash as we try to wind down. lol

We had a lovely Christmas....the weather wasn't too hot, thank goodness ~

We can learn so much from our life circumstances. What we resist, persists so it's always helpful to make friends with illness. :)

love, light and peace,
Serena

Rita said...

Serena--it was so nice to see the pictures of your family over Christmas. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. :) What is Boxing Day?

I have often said how my health issues have forced me to learn such good lessons--but I have never heard it expressed in quite that way. A sacred illness! I have to remember that--especially on the bad days--ROFL!! :)