Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday-3:45am-Five A Day

Five A Day
I was tagged by Serena...
...to list the top five things I try to do every day to stay mentally healthy. So here goes:
1. LAUGH!! Chuckle, giggle, snigger, snort, guffaw, snicker, chortle, titter, cackle, tee-hee, ha-ha, or smile from the belly--laugh! Anyone who knows me knows that when I lose my sense of humor something is really not right with me.
2. I try to think about all the things I am grateful for in my life--especially on the bad days. Try to stay positive--avoid negatives! (That includes negative people, the news, etc.) This has actually become easier for me these days as my body has turned into a virtual stress/negativity barometer!! No lie!
3. Blogging, emailing, posting, and writing letters as much as I can. Have been trying to blog every day at least. Living basically like a shut-in--those activities keep me in contact with the world outside of myself. Have met some wonderful people in cyberspace! :)
4. Do a little something for my soul each day--something joyful! Whether it is one of my crafts, art of some kind, baking, cooking, cleaning, organizing--even on my non-functional days I can still usually read, watch a good movie, meditate, write a letter, cuddle/play with Miss Karma, or think about #2--hehe!
5. I really, really try to not leave dishes in the sink when I go to bed or leave a mess that needs to be cleaned up--no matter how dreadful I am feeling. I know--sounds silly--but for me--well, I wake up kind of extra painful every morning for the first few hours and waking up to a mess I have to clean--it just feels overwhelming, you know? Besides--my place is so "full" that I can't afford to be that messy--ROFL!! I will leave an ongoing project out, of course, but there's something about waking up and already being behind that brings me down. A damper on the joy factor, eh?
So those are my Five-A-Days, Serena! :)
Yesterday I worked on a couple videos for Ann. They are still uploading. I had made her a thank you card using some of her own paste paper that she had sent me as a gift--and she wanted to know how I did the cutting to get it to fit on the front of the card. If I understood what your question was, Ann--hehe! I tried to show that process--and how to use carpet tape with card layering. If I didn't explain what you needed--just let me know, okay, Ann?
I had all kinds of problems trying to download the videos into my computer last night. The computer said I didn't have enough room. So, after Dagan and Leah let me know they made it home okay and the roads were not terrible (text message), I called and asked what I needed to do? Now, those of you who follow the blog know that this free computer Dagan got from work has two separate brains in it. Well, I can use the second brain space to store all my videos! They told me where to find it and I managed to figure it out!! TaDa!! I am always so excited when I conquer a computer puzzle!!! :):):) Next I want to figure out how to move all the previous videos over there into that brain, too. (I am chuckling as I write this. See how wonderful blogging is for my mental health--ROFL!!)
Been sleeping my way around the clock again. Going to bed earlier in the evening and waking up in the middle of the night lately. Eventually I'll return to proper days. At least for a while--hehe! Good thing my strange sleeping patterns don't interfere with Karma's 20 hours a day--ROFL!! Have a good day!!

No comments: